Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what does ex have to pay for?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ok I just got my cs back. We are going to court for an increase because I pay daycare fees. Now I got kicked off Medicaid and am waiting to find out how much a month I will br paying. How much medical costs do dads have to pay? Hes going to be sooo pissed because he only works part time, but thata his faiult he quit his decent paying full time job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pianokisses
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I am horrible with touch screens...sorry for typos.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Mefical bills are generally split 50/50... but in my state NCP has to provide health insurance (ours states we both have to and we split cost of co pays, deductibles, etc)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gingerszabo21
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

That's probably up to the judge.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Don't know what your ex will be paying - depending on what you are going to court for. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I have always provided health insurance for my son since  he was born. In our divorce agreement I will continue to do so while my ex gives child support for after school expense.

Why are you no longer eligible for medicaid?

If its cause of more income did you try Famis?

pianokisses
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM
They said I make too much which is BS. They.said I might qualify for something else, but when I called they had no info.

Quoting virginiamama71:

I have always provided health insurance for my son since  he was born. In our divorce agreement I will continue to do so while my ex gives child support for after school expense.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
He pays child support, half our sons medical bills, his medical insurance and we do split things like tee ball, pictures, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If they sent out a letter saying the reason why your medicaid was cancelled due to income being more, than it should have stated in the letter what else you may qualify for or your caseworker would have evaluated your income and went ahead and approved you for the other program where the income limit is more than Medicaid.

You can check on your state assistance website, as well as contact the Supervisor at your local office, to see what the other program is.

Quoting pianokisses:

They said I make too much which is BS. They.said I might qualify for something else, but when I called they had no info.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Amanda804
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My son's dad is supposed to provide the medical insurance (if he works a job that provides it) I'm supposed to pay the first i believe 500 out of pocket costs per year, then we share the cost once the first 500 is met. That's what it's supposed to be, but i provide the medical and all out of pocket costs because his father doesn't do anything for him.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Generally the NCP is ordered to carry insurance but given he hasn't and doesn't not have a full time job the courts may not order it. One of you needs to get a job with health benefits. Out if pocket medical is usually split 50 50.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN