Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Girl Talk* Help Me Ladies!

Posted by   + Show Post

So, I work fulltime outside of the home, and I met a guy recently, at work. We would speak from time to time, and this past Friday, he asked me to lunch that day. It was random. It was nice and we enjoyed ourselves. I would like a cool guy friend, but I am in no way ready or interested in being in a committed relationship.

I know, it's just one lunch date, but I already feel that pressure within myself that this is going to go faster than I am ready for. Yesterday, he saw me outside on my break and gave me his number. I'm already feeling anxiety.

In the past (and the past wasn't that long ago, maybe a year ago), I would meet a man, and within weeks were are in a full blown relationship. Sex and all. I don't want to go back down that route. i dont even want this man to think I want to be with him like that because I don't. I just want to hang out, get to know him, that's it. But i also don't want to come off to strong and be like 'HEY! before i let you in my life, i am about this this and that.'

I hope I'm making sense here...if so, have you been there? How do you handle meeting a new potential male friend while knowing you have boundaries that you don't want to be crossed?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Replies (11-11):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I agree with not going down the fast road for sure. I think you should be straight up with him from the very beginning about where you're at and what you want. If yall aren't on the same page, its best to know right off so neither gets hurt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)