Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do you tell your kids about God?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 48 Replies
Why or why not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Yes its something I believe in so I share with my son too. 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes. My faith and relationship with Jesus Christ is very important to me so I feel it's important to share with my son.
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ayacocca
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I ask bc my twins have friends who have no idea/ concept of God..
GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this
No. I grew up in a house where the answer to everything was "god made it that way". I absolutely hate the don't ask questions mentality it breeds. I won't do that to my child. I feel that talking to my child about god is like teaching him religion which I don't believe in. I want him to come to spirituality without the concept of rules and conditions that i feel religion hosts.
ayacocca
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand.. but the question is do you tell him about God.. not religion.. 2 different things.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

No. I grew up in a house where the answer to everything was "god made it that way". I absolutely hate the don't ask questions mentality it breeds. I won't do that to my child. I feel that talking to my child about god is like teaching him religion which I don't believe in. I want him to come to spirituality without the concept of rules and conditions that i feel religion hosts.

singlemom1208
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Yep
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Its ok. Some parents choose not to talk to their children about it cause they may not believe.

Quoting ayacocca:

ayacocca
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM
very true.. not bashing at all.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Its ok. Some parents choose not to talk to their children about it cause they may not believe.

Quoting ayacocca:

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM
It's one in the same. I don't believe in that religion so why would I tell my kids about something I believe is false? Now my kids have asked as they got older why their friends believe in God... I just tell them everyone has a right to their own beliefs .

Quoting ayacocca:

I understand.. but the question is do you tell him about God.. not religion.. 2 different things.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)