Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you tell your kids about God?

Posted by   + Show Post
Why or why not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (41-48):
SoKamele
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Yes. My faith and relationship with Jesus Christ is very important to me so I feel it's important to share with my son.

kmarsh3
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My daughter has known about God since she was born. It is what I believe in and will stand behind my faith in God until the day I die.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
yes AWANA's is a very good program. my 7 y/o brother is in it & loves it!
Quoting raegan1221:

No problem:). AWANA's is on Wednesday evenings during the semesters during the school year (Aug to Dec, then Jan to May). The kids are divided into groups depending on their age..they each have a name like cubbies (they're the little ones), etc. They each have a vest and the older ones have tshirts. They have learning books and they can bring their bibles. The goal is to teach the children the bible, and to learn more about God and his teachings. They earn "bible bucks" for learning versus, scripture and other things. Then at the end of the semester they get to spend them in a store the adults set up for them. They have a big party for the kids and the kids get awards for learning things. It is really neat. My son started memorizing and reciting bible versus and scripture before he could even read. He is 7 now and him and my bf's 10 yr old dd absolutely love it.

Quoting ayacocca:

If you don't mind me asking, what are awanas ?

Quoting raegan1221:

Yes, were devout Christians and he's very active in church and AWANAs.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

ZipporahH
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:40 AM

No, I believe in Judaism and keep all the Jewish holidays. But, as far teach my newborn about God and religion, no. I was raised in a very stricked religious household, my brothers and sisters have abandoned their faith, because of how we were raised into it. I want my son to believe in something, because he chooses to, not because he was forced/coached into it. He may resent and despise it, later on. Like the rest on my siblings. And, I don't want that.

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

yes like a pps its important to me and she is also and He  is worth sharing.  

edithch
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM
tell himm about god not really, hes only 16 months. But we do read his baaby prayer books befor bed sometimes or do a small prayer befor giving him his bottle for bed. We tell him to be thankful for his family coming home safely and his yummy food.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bj305
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I grown-up in it's very important part of my life .she does known
Ms_mom_81
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Yes, because I believe in him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)