Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Second baby dad broke up with me!!!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 23 Replies
Hello ladies!! I just need to vent!! Just need Simone to hear me out. I have two daughters different dads ages 1 and 3. The first baby dad moved in with his girlfriend after she was born an I haven't heard much from him since. I got pregnant by someone else shortly after when she was like ten months old I know irresponsible. We have been off and on and we decided that we would work it out so I didn't have to do for them myself an a week ago he text me an tell me that he is not the one for me an that I needed to go experience life?? I've been very depressed by the fact that I have been used by two men that don't want to be apart of my life an the girls an I don't know why? I take care of them by myself I'm living with my mother an trying to find my own place an it's stressful. I'm trying to be a good strong single mom. One of the girls is special needs which makes it worse! Please give me advice on how to deal with all these day to day challenges. I know the only thing I can do us go on with life but its much easier said than done. Thanks!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayk91
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't think she came here for negative comments. She obviously knows she messed up. She's looking for advice not trash talking her.

On the other hand, I don't know how to deal with that. Focus on you and your girls and don't try to find another man because as my gma would say, your man picker might be broken. Keep your head up. Prayers for you!
Shyandteyamommy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Thank you for your advice!!!! Some people are so judgmental an ignorant. Plenty of wonen have their kids close together an that doesn't make them nasty.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Just continue taking care of your children. You are doing a good job, just know its going to be challenging and extra work when we have to do it all alone but its worth it.

ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Part of me sort of agrees but none of us should really be judging each other. We all have issues. You have your work cut out for you. My little boys from my ex-husband are 16 months apart. It is not easy. But if you are strong and determined to be a good mom you can do it.

That said, to properly care for two babies so small who need their mommy it is not fair for them if you are dating or worrying about a man. I know you do not want anyone else to break your heart or make another baby and skip out on you.

You now have to think for,protect, provide, and nurture yourself and your two babies. Focus on them and give yourself time to mature and learn. We all need this at times and those of us who don't take it end up regretting it.

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Also we all make mistakes some of the same ones more than we care to but its best to learn from our mistakes.

Write down the negative and postives of these men and any others you have met and dated, as well as yourself.

Try to see what kind of men you are attracting  and what are some things you may need to change about yourself so you do not attract the ones who are not fully commited to building a family.

uriahadel
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM
3 moms liked this
I also have two girls by two different fathers. I am with my youngest child's father and they are 4 years apart. We got back together after I left him 2 years after our daughter was born. I needed time to myself and raise my kids.

I would say focus on you and your girls right now. Don't go get into another relationship. Don't even think about another guy. Work on fixing you and your situation and put your focus towards your girls. The right guy will come along. Don't go out looking for him. Wait til he comes to you and make sure next time he respects you, love your girls and is in it for the long hall.

Hopes it all works out for you:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shyandteyamommy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you to the positive ones. I don't understand why comment if there us nothing nice to say why even be on a mom site
Shyandteyamommy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM
But everybody has there own opinion my feelings aren't hurt you don't know me and I don't know you
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pregnant with my second child; different father from my first.  I waited 6 years.  I sometimes think of what I would do if my bf left me, we've had so many problems these past few months.  All I can say is work hard and keep your head up, it won't be easy, but it can be done. Forget men for now and focus on your daughters; they need a strong mother.  

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Yikes, I would suggest you now focus on yourself and your two children. No more men for a long time until you get yourself together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)