Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What should I do?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM
  • 12 Replies
So right now I am livivng with my mom, son, and friend. At this moment I realize that this is not working out. I have no job no money and currently getting my GED. I hate that I have to suck it up beacause there is no possible way I can get out on my own. We all recently moved here within the last year so It's not like I can just move in with another family member til I can get on my feet. I NEED HEL IS ANYONE OUT THERE? WHAT SHOULD I DO? IS THERE ANOTHER WAY?
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

You will need to get a job. even a babysitting job will bring in some cash, than you can build a reference from that and try to get into a daycare center or school.

Contact the dept of social services to see if they have any job training programs there.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM

The only way is to hit the pavement and find a full time job. 

Delila12
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Unless you file to get section 8, the only way is to get a job and save up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I agree with the other moms, the first thing you need to do is try to find a job and go from there.  Good luck!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I agree start working and saving!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Get a retail job.  Once you establish employment start saving up your money.  You get support from your local child support office in regards to cs.  They will be able to work with you through the courts to gain a court order for garnishments.  At least you will have that added to the money you receive from working.  If you are 19 or over check out the GED websites in your area.  There are testing centers to help guid you through the process.   Remember without a GED you can't get into any colleges. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Hi and welcome to the group

You will get out on your own sooner than you think.  Get your GED and find a job or go to college and after a year, you can move out.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Can you get a part time job while studying for your GED?  Or even a full time job?  Good luck!

opinionated07
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Find a job and start saving money to put towards getting on ur feet. It's hard but not impossible :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prettymommylove
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM

part or full time job or both. try to save close to everything. until you can get the GED. goodluck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)