Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh.....pink eye

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 11 Replies
So one of my 2 year olds has pink eye. Had to go get her rx at wal mart. Was told the insurance (ex's ins) recommended a different med than the Dr prescribed. Fine, call her. They called, Dr closed early. So I can pay cash or wait till the morning. Ok, ill pay cash. It's $110. Um, ok no. Then they say they have a discount program. So I wait another 15 minutes while they check on that. They call me back over. They got the insurance to agree on the original med. It's still $60!!! Shit. I pay for it and call ex. He says "yeah....first ex wife says it sucks too". Wtf man.... Says he will pay me back "when he can" for his half. Get her home, my mom was watching her twin sister, have to put the drops in. Causes mad chaos of course. Finally got them in bed. I'm whooped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Yikes!!! If the drops sting, put them in the fridge. It really helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM

UGH!!  Hope no one else gets it!!!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, our allergist told my doctor to keep the drops in the fridge to not only keep them fresher longer but to help keep them from stinging.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Yikes!!! If the drops sting, put them in the fridge. It really helps.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Oh no!  I they get to feeling better and nobody else gets it!!

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I have been using sanitizer like crazy!!!  And trying to keep the two of them separated.  Luckily they are in the "dont touch me" stage so they arent all over eachother.  

Quoting easinpc:

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Well thats good!  Last time my son got it (it was going around his classroom at school) his dr told me that if I got it too to call him and he'd call in a prescription for me too.  Luckily nobody but my son ended up with it.

Quoting Stephd710:

I have been using sanitizer like crazy!!!  And trying to keep the two of them separated.  Luckily they are in the "dont touch me" stage so they arent all over eachother.  

Quoting easinpc:

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM

She put some refills on the RX for me and the other kid.  But my friend works at an eye clinic and said she has samples of it I can have for free if I run out so I dont have to dish out more money. 

Quoting easinpc:

Well thats good!  Last time my son got it (it was going around his classroom at school) his dr told me that if I got it too to call him and he'd call in a prescription for me too.  Luckily nobody but my son ended up with it.

Quoting Stephd710:

Quoting easinpc:

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I can't get over prescription prices. Even though it costs too much, I dont know how anyone could afford to not have it though. Last month I had the flu and the meds would've been $110, the following week I had pneumonia and after a $75 shot and $149 prescription, I only had to pay $30. I also have fibromyalgia and the meds for that are close to $300 per month, but I only pay $40. No way I could ever be sick without insurance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Yes it is insane. It kind of scared me when she said $110. I was thinking even tho my ex's ins is crappy, at least it helps a little. Idk how I would have gotten it for her otherwise. Scary to think about.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I can't get over prescription prices. Even though it costs too much, I dont know how anyone could afford to not have it though. Last month I had the flu and the meds would've been $110, the following week I had pneumonia and after a $75 shot and $149 prescription, I only had to pay $30. I also have fibromyalgia and the meds for that are close to $300 per month, but I only pay $40. No way I could ever be sick without insurance.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriangavin
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
For future pink eye cases you boil a pot of tea and soak a wash cloth in it... Throughout the day have kiddo lay down with eyes closed and wash cloth over eyes making sure the tea can seep into the eyes... After a day, rarely but sometimes 2 days it will be gone :) i have never been to the doctor over pink eye and this is the ONLY way my mom ever treated pink eye on me and my siblings
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)