Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Kinda feel guilty

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 8 Replies

My divorce is wrapping up and I feel bad because I'm looking forward to someday getting remarried and having more children. I know I have a lot to work through, I have 2 semesters left till I graduate with my degree, and I have 3 wonderful children. I just feel bad that I feel in the lovey dovey baby fever stage that I know would NOT happen for atleast another 4 yrs. I guess that lovey dovey stuff is a part of my sense of optimism and excitement about my future, but I still feel a little guilty.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM
You'll get over it once you start dating and see what's out there, :-P.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Not uncommon. Good luck to you as you begin your new life.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Hugs!!

BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Thanks ladies. I'm really looking forward to a fresh start. My marriage basically made me feel battered and beaten, so now I feel refreshed and happy. I have a lot on my plate, the stresses I have now I rather have a million times over than the one's I had with my ex. My kids are so happy and healthy, getting bigger. The best feeling was this week when I used my part of the tax  refund(my ex and I had to file taxes jointly since we are still technically married and we split it 50/50) to buy the boys their new cribs, my daughter a todder bed and their bedding. It feels amazing being able to do that and being able to pick out everything on my own and buy it without involving my ex and his know-it-all input and deciding on everything. Not trying to brag, but it just felt amazing to be able to do that for my kids.

NaviHope
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

That's wonderful.  We deserve to feel happy.  I too am a lot happier now that I am divorced.  I lost a lot of weight, started hanging out with old friends and even met someone new.  The kids have a relationship with their dad that doesn't involve me and I'm good with that.  Hang on to those good feelings when things get a little hard.

Eva

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

It'll soon pass.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM
What's wrong with being optimistic about your future? What is there to feel guilty about? It's a hell of a lot better than being bitter and convinced life is gonna suck forever. Now that's something to feel bad about.
BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I'm not sure how to describe it I suppose. I just feel weird about hoping to get remarried somday and atleast having one more kid. I just have that lovey dovey and baby fever stuff, though I know it'll be a long while.

I

Quoting Robsessed98:

What's wrong with being optimistic about your future? What is there to feel guilty about? It's a hell of a lot better than being bitter and convinced life is gonna suck forever. Now that's something to feel bad about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)