Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Any Full Time Single Mom Of Multiples?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

Im a mom of twin girls, Full time. Father is not around.

How do you ladies keep up with the cleaning, washing, cooking, playing?

Im going to school and working. Its just so much, I get a break here and there. But when I cant I would love to have a "At Home Relaxing Activity" for Myself. I tend to think too much of my "situation" and how I have to raise my daughters alone, it can get to me sometimes so I always try to stay positive and remind myself that I will make it.. =]

Any Ideas on how to relax and drift away from the crazyness of my schedule?

Yoga? Meditation? Movie Nights?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy2TwinGirls
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a single mom to twin girls also. They just turned 8 and I've been doing it alone the whole time. I also have a 2 year old girl. Unfortunately I dont have any suggestions for you cause I never get any me time lol. Every now and then when I can manage to stay up after they go to bed I try & read cause it relaxes me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I am.. my twins are 7, b&g.. i am still tryin to figure out how to manage lol. i was working + school but decided to put school on hold... it was too much. so whenever I can, maybe once a month or so, I Have to treat myself. Movie, dinner, etc. my own personal pat on the back.. I've also recently started going to an all women's group once a wk to mingle and relate to other moms. Im finding my way, and should be there soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a full time g'ma of 4&5 y/o boys who were recently both diagnosed as ADHD and odd, so its like multiples. I've only been with them full time for 7 months, but it feels like forever most days. I wake up each morning and feel overwhelmed and dread getting up because I know there's no way I can get everything done that day. After a couple of pity party minutes, I get up and start doing what has to be done, usually on autopilot. Somehow we always make it to 8pm and bedtime. I work until 900 when my daughter gets off work, then I quit and after resting a minute usually realize that somehow I've done the impossible and gotten just about everything that needed to be done. Then I relax and meditate a while before going to bed. I did that 7 days a week for 5 months when I finally announced I needed a life and that I was taking at least 1 but usually 2 full nights for me time and it has helped immensely. As hard as it is and even though I feel like walking away and not coming back at least once a day, I love those boys more than anything and can't imagine doing anything else right now.
BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 1 yr old twin boys and a 2 1/2 year old daughter. It's basically a juggling act, though I'm blessed to have support from family. I wrap up my associates in paralegal studies in August, I have 2 terms left of online school. I feel like I have mommy shift during the day till bed time and I'm student till 1:30/2:00 AM. It's worth it, so I can have a good career and be able to support my kids.

To relax: catch up on my favorite tv shows when I don't have to watch Bubble Guppies or Dora, I want to begin yoga, and I read a lot (got a Kindle for Christmas)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Welcome ! I have 1 and can't find me time I can't imagine 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
0124ax
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
*hugs* I feel you.... And what kind of mom group are you going to? I would love to revolve myself more around positive... N kno that its going to be all right... In order to raise our children we need to be sane from our minds lol if u get what I mean... Thanks!

Quoting ayacocca:

I am.. my twins are 7, b&g.. i am still tryin to figure out how to manage lol. i was working + school but decided to put school on hold... it was too much. so whenever I can, maybe once a month or so, I Have to treat myself. Movie, dinner, etc. my own personal pat on the back.. I've also recently started going to an all women's group once a wk to mingle and relate to other moms. Im finding my way, and should be there soon.

ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Its a women's group called divine at our church.. love it

Quoting 0124ax:

*hugs* I feel you.... And what kind of mom group are you going to? I would love to revolve myself more around positive... N kno that its going to be all right... In order to raise our children we need to be sane from our minds lol if u get what I mean... Thanks!

Quoting ayacocca:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN