Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Preparing my single mother will

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

No joke. http://www.ehow.com/how_5714342_prepare-living-trust-single-mother.html

I'm 27 have 2 kids and that's all I'll ever have. I'm not married and never will be. I was told you don't have to be a certain age to prepare a will. I feel my life is good where it stands and so I decided I will write my will now. Life is too short. My best friend is doing the same and hoping she'll live past when her kids are 18 and over since the kids could go to the state if something happened to her since the dads want nothing to do with them. I wish she didn't think so negative though. But yeah just thought I'd share this in case there are any single mothers who are planning to write their wills soon. We may not have any men by our sides to legally protect us but that's ok, we can protect our children on our own and that's all that matters.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jedwards2009
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I agree its a smart thing to do to protect our children. Even for married couples its still a good idea incase both parents should pass away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM
You should get one asap after birth. Noone knows when they're going to die, so its best to make sure the kids are covered just in case.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Youre very smart to do so. I wrote a will years ago. Its not just for what theyll inherit but covers my medical care and decisions should something happen to me. Minors cannot approve those decisions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I need to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Yes children, Mother WILL do this, mother WILL do that.  Now have a seat and we WILL have a chat over some tea."tealollipopmuffin

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Yes,it's something I've been thinking about alot lately.I plan on getting LegalShield and doing it through them. Because if something ever happens to mean I want to make sure my baby girl is left in good hands. She's already been Christened and I know if anything ever happened to me, she'll be alright. Now...I just need to make sure my CS and custody case goes alright :/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

40sandPreg
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Yes. Good link.
Thanks!

Quoting Robsessed98:

You should get one asap after birth. Noone knows when they're going to die, so its best to make sure the kids are covered just in case.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)