Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child Support Vent

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just need to vent to get this off of my chest. My Son's father is over $10,000 behind on child support. He was informed last month that he needed to start paying at least his current monthly order or his driver's license would be suspended (he is a cab driver so he needs his drivers license) Well last week he entered into a payment plan where he would pay $50 a week which would be $200 a month which would take care of the ordered $191 a month with a mere $9 a month going to his back child support. Well I got my payment last week, and Ive checked my reliacard every morning this week and as of today there is no child support on there. It just upsets me to no end that he thinks nothing bad is going to happen to him because he's not paying. I've been doing this on my own since the beginging, he only wants to be a father when it's convienent for him. I never get a break, I don't have the ability to skip out on a "payment" I've needed new shoes for well over 6 months but haven't gotten them because my son comes first. I was looking forward to this money because that way i could spend it on my son and spend my own money on getting me shoes, or putting gas in the car, so I can get my son to school and myself to work. ARGH i'm just so frustrated.

Thanks for letting me vent.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
munkychoi
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

GET A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!! Fight that asshole NOW!!!!!!!!

mygirls2012
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Is support enforcement involved?? why did they let it get that high?? what about taking his tax refund? do you allow him to use him as a dependent? if you are the sole supporter I certainly wouldnt allow him to use him as a dependent. i know in some states if they are behind up to $1000.00 they will be brought to court and possible jail time.mine is 800 he keeps it below the 1000 so he wont go to jail and i have been waiting several months for support enforcement to take over its soo frusterating but in the end it will stop.. look into support enforcement thru the courts and i would also hold him in contempt, that will get support enforcment involved and get wage garnishment then he has no choice..

Amanda804
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

We broke up and I got the custody and support order when ds was 2, he's now almost 8. I called two years ago to ask why they're allowing him to get so far behind and they said that there was the support order but no enforcement was requested on it! I was shocked. I figured that when you go to court for child support that means you would also like enforcement put on the order. They've been screwing me around ever since, i did get his taxes last year, but the only times i've ever gotten child support from him is when he's had a job where they can garnish his paycheck, The job he has now is driving a cab, he get's all cash in hand they don't give him a paycheck so they have no way to garnish him. Child support informed him like i said last month that if he did not come current they were going to suspend his drivers license. Well he worked out a payment plan to pay $50 a week. Got the first payment last week but nothing this week. i'm so pissed off i can't even see straight. I'm going to be calling his job on monday and letting them know that he will be losing his drivers license. I've done this since day one on my own i don't know why i allow myself to get my hopes up that he's going to man up and be a dad. He doesnt care about my son :(

theresa1966
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

DON'T COUNT ON CHILD SUPPORT.....MY EX-HUSBAND HASN'T PAYED ME IN OVER 2YRS GOING ON 3YRS THIS SEPT. STATE SAYS THEY CAN'T FIND HIM. BUT HE IS IN CRIMINAL COURT ON A DRUG CHARGE...HE OWES ME OVER 12,000 TO ME. HE DON'T HAVE A LICENSE AND HE STILL DRIVE HE DON'T CARE. THE GREAT STATE OF IL....THEY HAVE LAZY PEOPLE WORKING AT CHILD SUPPORT. I USUALLY FIND HIM OVER THE PASS YRS ...BUT DAMMIT I DON'T THINK I HAVE TO DO ALL THIS WORK WHEN THAT IS THE STATES JOB. angry

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Your son is 8 and your ex is $10,000 in back child support and does not show that he cares about his son.

I would just continue to take care of my son on my own.

Its too much of a headache to get the money $50 weekly is good but is not much, when it shows he will only pay it when he feels like it.

You will end up stressing yourself out trying to get the money each week.

He may lose his license but he will get another job that does not require him to have a license. They always find a way to make money but somehow do not find a way to be a father.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cowboygal
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
My ex is almost 8000 behind if we count medical and that is for 6 months. Without medical he owes about $4000. He has not bothered to call in almost two months and has not seen them for almost 6 months. His loss. He seems to think he does not have to support them.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Good luck I've never seen a dime and truthfully I don't care about the money part I hate that some guys think that a child is free hopefully it will catch up to him eventually
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I feel your pain
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I would not spend any money on an attorney but there are child support collection agencies that might be able to help. If he is a cab driver then he is likely an independent contractor so you cannot garnish any wages. I would still apply pressure on CSE and honestly if he gets his licenses suspended inform his employer. I know people will then say "he wont be able to work and pay" but he does not pay anyways. Even the threat of not being able to work probably doesnt sink him. I would tell him that you are in contact with CSE and they are about to suspend hsi license. Let him know that if he misses any more payments you will have no choice but to contact the case manager. $200/mo for 1 kid is nothing. Me and my ex just went through medition and since I make almost as much as he does, I am getting $100/mo for 2 kids, but he must continue to provide all medical and dental.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)