Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Starting over! It IS possible!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
4 moms liked this

DH left me November 30.  I was devastated. and had no idea how I was going to figure life out as a single parent once again.  (My daughter is not his, thank God)  Anyways, I had a really rough couple of months, financially, emotionally and mentally.  It took about a month for me to pull myself back together.  our divorce was final March 6th and I had the most awesome sense of freedom.  Like I had a new chance at life.  The middle of February, I got income taxes back and was able to pay off more bills than I expected so I'm actually at a point where I can live well within my means and still be comfortable while giving DD all she needs and some of what she wants. In the meantime, I started to become closer friends with a guy I've known about two years and we are now dating.  We're taking it very slow, he knows what I went through in my marriage and neither of us wants to screw this up.  He is amazing.  Respectful, kind, helpful, funny, sweet, responsible....everything I would have asked for if I had thought it was possible.  I truly feel on top of the world, and have for a couple of months now.  I have been blessed beyond imagination.

Anyways, no question here, just wanted to give some hope to other single moms that life will get better.  Just work with what you have and do the absolute best you can with it!  Good luck to all of you!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad to hear you are doing so well!! What a great feeling!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Great to hear!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Hi and welcome to the group;

lucasmadre
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for you sister, you earned it. Just remember to keep you eyes wide open and pay attention to everything this new guy says and more importantly DOES. I am not trying to be a downer, just want you to be careful. I hope he proves to be everything he seems to be. I couldn't be happier for you...enjoy every minute of it.

BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Reading this made me smile. So glad to hear everything is heading in a positive direction. I cannot wait until my divorce is finalized soon.

ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Happy for you, dude. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM
There definitely is life after divorce/breakup. Glad you found it and are doing so well.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.  It is refreshing to be able to move on with your life after separation and divorce.  Life DOES get better as you are experiencing it.  SO glad for you! 

NikkiM111
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I'm glad to see someone fighting the good fight and doing great at the same time. It's not easy!

Kirsten3
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM
:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)