Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I think he may have given me an STD! **TEST RESULTS IN PURPLE**

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 48 Replies
2 moms liked this

My fwb sleep together on a somewhat regular basis usually once or twice a week. Last time we slept together was the 3rd of March. After we finished and I went to my bathroom to clean up and pee, I noticed some red mucusy discharge but I figured maybe we went at it a little too rough? Due to our work schedules lately we haven't had much time together. Anyways, a few days ago I noticed I was itching down there and burning a little. Yesterday it got to the point where I was scratching constantly. I think I may have a yeast infection. We use condoms every time we have sex but we have had a few ocassions where the condom busted. I can't remember if the condom busted the last time we had sex or not. The last time we had sex before the 3rd was the 21st of March and the condom did bust.

IDK what I would do if he has given me an STD. I'm scared and worried. I need to go to the store to get something for this yeast infection but I don't get paid until later on in the week so it will have to wait until then. Is there anything I can try at home?

UPDATE : So I ended up buying a yeast infection kit but before using it I decided to Google my eyes out lol and it looks like it may be the STD Trich. I was talking to my friend about it because she has it before and she described the symptoms word for word as I am having them without me mentioning mine 1st. I have decided to go get tested for STD's. I will be going in on Friday hopefully. Will update with the results when I get them.

UPDATE: Just getting back home from the doctor's. They did a pap smear and also did bloodwork to check for clamydia, gonorrehea and HIV. I won't know know the results of the last 3 until the 1st week of April BUT.... I don't have an STD!!!!! :D YAY ME!! She said the pap smear results were negative for everything except a yeast infection and BV. I asked her if either of those were sexually transmitted and she said no. She wants to me to the Monistat 7 day for the yeast infection and she put me on an antibiotic to clear up the BV. Thanks ladies for all your answers and advice!

UPDATE 2: So I had my doctor's appt yesterday for the results of my bloodwork and everything was NEGATIVE!!! :D :D They tested for HIV, Syphillis and one other STD. Negative for everything so once again YAY ME!

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Plain yogurt. Down there. And also eating it too. I would be making a Dr appt to get tested
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Cranberry juice is incredible for fighting yeast infection too. I dont honestly think you have an std or youd be broke out worse. Best to consult a doctor. It may be a combination of yeast infection and irritation from condoms. Torn vaginal tissue from rough sex
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollymae09
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Take an epsom salt bath. A nice long one with warm (not hot) water...

And get to the doc ASAP to get tested!!

Best of luck dear!

Anon22
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM

With the yogurt do I smear it down there or put it up in there? How long does it take to work?

Quoting a06z08mama:

Plain yogurt. Down there. And also eating it too. I would be making a Dr appt to get tested

a06z08mama
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I guess smear. I just remember a coworker telling me about it a few Yeats ago. Cuz I've always heard of eating yogurt to help with a yeast infection. But didn't know to put it there. And make sure its plain yogurt. Unless you want more strawberry banana vag irritation.

Quoting Anon22:

With the yogurt do I smear it down there or put it up in there? How long does it take to work?

Quoting a06z08mama:

dom3269
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Cant,u just go to a clinic (like planned parenthood)? Theyre free, at least in CA. Thats something u def wanna get checked asap
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Go see a dr and get tested. You dont want to waste money on yeast inf meds if its a bacterial infection
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Sounds like a regular yeast infection to me. If it were an std, you wouldn't have had the discharge right after. I have had blood from scratching too much with yeast infections more than once. If it doesn't clear up after treating it, then go get tested.
Anon22
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM

BUMP!

kitty8199
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM
You eat it

Quoting Anon22:

Quoting a06z08mama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN