Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how do you get back on your feet

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

I dont really know what to do or say on here but Im a single mother to 5 children and recently lost my job. Im not getting the child support Im suppose to be getting. My bills are past due I feel like theres is no hope I dont know where to look for help.

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Where you laid off? Receiving unemployment?

Maybe try applying for public assistance and taking some job training classes offered at your local dept of social services.

Also contact Social Services to see if they can assist with bills. If they cannot they may know of other resources in your area that can.

Where is family?

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Hi an welcome to the group..

Go to your local Unemployment office and you can find much there.  Be consistent is the key.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Sign up for unemployment if you can, find a new job, get on all assistance programs. Don't be ashamed to ask for help. Stay strong and don't give up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Signing up for social services will also help to spur enforcement of your child support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM

This and also, go after your children's father for support.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Where you laid off? Receiving unemployment?

Maybe try applying for public assistance and taking some job training classes offered at your local dept of social services.

Also contact Social Services to see if they can assist with bills. If they cannot they may know of other resources in your area that can.

Where is family?

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Contact social service and see if they can help you, contact local agencies/churches and see if they have any services to offer and of course unemployment.  Good luck hun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN