Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The ex got married yesterday...

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

And I can not decide how I feel about it!  Him and I got married when I was just over 18 years old and I was 3 or 4 months pregnant with my second child. 

I divorced him.  Wanted it.  NEVER regretted it.

I have since moved on and am now 34 weeks pregnant with my fiance and truly am so happy!  I have known that they were getting married for a while now obviously, but it never really bugged me until the day they got married.  My kids were in their wedding as flower girls and ring bearer so even though I declined my invitation to attend I had to still go pick my kids up from the reception.

I walk into the church that I got married in to him and the first thing I see is his 18 year old pregnant girlfriend :/

Its all to familiar and I kind of feel like my life was stolen from me!  Not that I wanted that, but... ugh...  I am not sure lol.  I keep running in circles trying to come to terms with this.  Its not any different.  I'm engaged, still getting married.  My life was not stolen, but was given back to me when I got divorced.  So whats the deal?

I felt like a prick, but I never wished them well or anything.  Just grabbed my kids and left.  I didn't even want to look at them.

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM
You shared a life with him and although you have moved on there will always be emotion towards him good and bad. Congrats on the baby you are almost there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toshi92
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey there, don't beat yourself up. At least you can say off the top that you NEVER regretted leaving. It took me almost 6 years to finally get to where you are. You and him shared a bond and children together sometimes it just doesn't go away like that. It can take time. I was once told by a very smart woman that your kids father sometimes always has a place in ur heart even if its tucked away. That's why your emotions went there and it was in the physical flesh for you to see it which made it real. You don't want him anymore but still it was like a shock to your system. That's great you are engaged and pregnant that's a plus for you! Just like the other cafe mom sais "you are almost there" I soooo agree with that. And soon that tiny place where you ex still lives in your soul will be so insignificant that you will be like ex who? Keep looking forward and do not focus on the past. The bible says "to strain ahead for your future and do not even think about the past-look at all the new things I'm doing for you." Keep trucking girl focus on your kids and your fiance and your goals and ex will vanish. Poof! Many blessings ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilShamrock
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Sister! Be glad that HE became someone else's problem! :)

Heck, I would have even sent a card with $20 bucks in it so he can take the mrs to McDonald's for a happy meal!

Be well my friend!
Sham
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Hugs!

Kenzie_2
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

the awful thing is that they both work for mcdonalds lol

Quoting LilShamrock:

Sister! Be glad that HE became someone else's problem! :)

Heck, I would have even sent a card with $20 bucks in it so he can take the mrs to McDonald's for a happy meal!

Be well my friend!
Sham

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Are they cashiers behind the counter?  LOL!  What a 'career' for them!

My ex got married to his tramp via proxy while he was deployed in Kuwait.  How romantic?  We got married in a church - white dress, veil, flowers, tux, best man, maid of honor.  The whole shabang.  'Till death us to part'.  Oh, well, at least they didn't get to say vows.  I doubt either will would keep them anyway, LOL!

I haven't seen my ex and his tramp nor their kids anywhere and thank goodness for that!  The three year affair has left a bad taste in my mouth - probably always will.  I've forgiven him but I will never ever forget what he did to me and our daughter.  A true scumbag in every sense of the word.  I can't look at my ex nor his new family and actually feel happy for them.  I pity my ex, feel sorry for the new wife and I look at those kids they created and feel sorry for them.  Their father is a total loser. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I can't relate. I felt nothing when my kids dad remarried. My kids went but it was in Vegas so I didn't see any of it. I hope you feel better about it soon.
Kenzie_2
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM

this is exactly how I was expecting to feel and it just threw me for a loop when I felt differently.

Quoting faerie75:

I can't relate. I felt nothing when my kids dad remarried. My kids went but it was in Vegas so I didn't see any of it. I hope you feel better about it soon.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM

:( well i hope you are able to sort out your feelings.

i used to think it would hurt me when my kids dad had a kid from someone else. well when our youngest was two i found out hed gotten his gf (whod he cheated with) pregnant and i was shocked when i didnt care at all! i think im all backwards lol

Quoting Kenzie_2:

this is exactly how I was expecting to feel and it just threw me for a loop when I felt differently.

Quoting faerie75:

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Makes sense. You had a life and family with him and there will always be a bond. He will probably feel the same when you get married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)