Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I know each state differs but....

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 35 Replies

Does anybody know how to go about having the NCP sign over there parental rights or even obtain sole (legal) custody?I have boo coo proof through text messages,e-mail, & even witnesses of  certain things that show's dd's dad is not intrested in being involved at all. And I just want this ish to be over & done with!

FYI: Didn't know if anyone else knew this...mostly pertaining to any mommas in the state of New Mexico. When you file for CS through the state and your child is on Medicaid, it becomes to seperate cases. One is the one you petitioned for through CSED and the other comes  from HSD for Medicaid...just found this out yesterday through a letter that had come in the mail saying the judge was going to dismiss my case b/c THEY DIDNT HAVE DD'S SSN (which I've given HSD MULTIPLE times) f*ckin NM is so slow ugh!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I don't but here's a bump for you.  good luk!

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Not sure, but here is a bump for you!!!

Saphira1207
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM

It's a court thing.  If you're getting M'caid then you should qualify for a legal aid lawyer to help you.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Very tough most courts won't do it unless there is someone who is willing to take over the rights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spiritedsoul
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in the state of PA.... My dd's father has been jumping in and out of her life as it is convenient for him. I have proof that he neglects her & does not care for her during her visitations (he pons her off on his family- sisters/mom). I've been trying to get him to sign over his parental rights. However, I was told that here, in PA, you are not legally able to sign over your parental rights unless their is someone to stand in your place. So basically, (according to my lawyer), I'm not able to have him do so until I am married & that man wishes to adopt my daughter.

Which is really F-up, when he does nothing but hurt her, doesn't pay to support her, & still has all his rights!

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Ive been trying to search out legal aid here, but no luck yet. I just joined legalshield & hoping to get some legal advice on these matters ASAP.

Quoting Saphira1207:

It's a court thing.  If you're getting M'caid then you should qualify for a legal aid lawyer to help you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Thats what I keep seeing in similar posts...and then I know it kinda differs from state to state. I have yet to find out through legalshield what the law is here in NM

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Very tough most courts won't do it unless there is someone who is willing to take over the rights

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM

USUALLY when absent parent is paying support NCP won't be honored unless there is a step parent that will adopt the child. 

jadedcynic
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM

*beaucoup not boo coo, it's a French word

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
You probably won't be able to, but may could win full custody and have limited or supervised visits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)