Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daddy issues

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
Can you have daddy issues if you didn't have a dad? I don't have a father. I mean he exists some where out there but I never met him. Ever.
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I had my father with me since the day I was born, but he was never around.  Might as well been fatherless.  He's changed a lot now that we are older.  My only issue is with men, but I don't really have daddy issues.  

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM

You can have issues with an absent father.  My daughter has a father but he's so screwed up in the head that she can't have a relationship with him.  Much better off in my opinion.  An absent father is absent for a reason - he's not worthy of being in your life.  

breebree04
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Of course you can have daddy issues if you've never met your dad. Thats the issue is that your dad has never been a part of your life! Hopefully you can work out whatever issues you have due to this.

camommy08
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM

yes you can have daddy issues. I mean I have 2 my bio dad and a step dad.parents divorced when I was very young than remarried. I consider my stepdad my dad. But I know more than ever I wish that my biodad was like my stepdad. my bio dad puts everyone else in his life before me and my brother. so even though I had this great father figure I still yearn to be first in my bio dad life those first in other people lives even though I know with some people others will come first. I stll wish i can be the first person someone calls up to hang or in a relationship put first.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM

yes. usually ppl who dont have fathers do have them.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Hi nd welcome to the group.

Your dad. .Maybe try to talk to your mom or sibs about him?  dk.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I would think knowing you have a father out there that you've never met, or barely know, would be the ultimate cause of daddy issues. I honestly have no idea how to deal with that. I was fortunate enough to have a dad that doted on me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)