Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Every woman has asked this atleast once!

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 40 Replies
I am a single mother of two kids with one on the way. I don't know what I'm having yet but I currently have 2 girls and BABY. I am 22, however when I was pregnant with my 2nd child my doctor had asked me if I wanted to get my tubes tied and I was only 20 at the time. And I said no considering I might get married and he would want to have atleast 1 child with me. However, I am pregant, I am 22 now and I have been seriously considering getting my tubes tied after I have this baby. It will be my 3rd child. I have had positive and negative thoughts and feedback from some family and friends but my girls are 2 and 5 and then this one. I think that 2 is already a handful cause my girls are ALWAYS active doing something. And having this baby I believe is going to be my limit. MY QUESTION IS: (which I highly doubt) What are your opinions on getting them TIED or NOT. BESIDES THE FACT I WOULD WANT ANOTHER ONE LATER. **Even my momm told me I should get them tied that way once they start going to school instead of me starting over cause I like my kids atleast 2 years apart that I coulod start living my life. Not in a bad way but like having alone time and quiet time for myself while they're gone to school.
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenmomx3
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I have three, and my tubes are not tied.  I'm not going to tie them because I think I may want another one in the future.  I just use my bc faithfully so that I don't have another one.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Well, do you feel that you'll be done after baby comes or do you feel that there is a chance that you'll want another baby in the future? Let that guide your decision.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
If u think u may want another dont do it. Tubal reversals are expensive and not covered by ins. They also don't always work since there can be permanent scar tissue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

idk. i am 37 and pregnant with the LAST baby i want to have and even i have reservations. i DO NOT want any more but then i think "waht if something happens to this baby?" horrible i know. i hate hormones though!

i think im going to try IUD and after one year tie the tubes.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I am almost 30 and wouldn't even consider it at the moment. I would like the option for more kids. Everyone is different though. The decision is yours to make, albeit a tough one. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Num1PYT
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Well I'm honestly too forget full with bc pills and I really think I will be done after this one. I had my children naturally. no meds period. At age 16, 20, and 22(praying nothing goes wrong dont want a csection) But I'm already looking at going through labor pain with this one and I think 3 is my limit. I would have stopped at 2 but i thought about having a boy and If it is a boy then I will definately be done. If it's a girl then I just see it as I'm not ment to have a boy and I dont want to try again thinking it might be another girl. I love all my children equally but just one boy would be good enough :) a nice balance than to have all these girls running around lol. But I strongly believe rather boy or girl I will be happy but I don't want to do this again and I would be content with 3 children.

Aslen
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this

google post tubal ligation syndrome.

I will NEVER EVER EVER get my tubes tied. EVER!!!!

*ETA* for link.

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/post-tubal-ligation-syndrome-ptls-symptoms.htm?gclid=CKKIzYX2_LUCFQ-znQodHRsA7Q

I personally have known women who have had and are dealing with PTLS. I know women who have had to have a hysterectomy in their 30's because of it.

NO F'ING THANK YOU!

honey27
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Ive never thought about tying my tubes and wouldn't because I may want anorher child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quoting conniejo75:

If u think u may want another dont do it. Tubal reversals are expensive and not covered by ins. They also don't always work since there can be permanent scar tissue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Never thought about it.  Then again at the age of not even trying for more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)