Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ugh....missing my ex

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 10 Replies

What is it? I just feel like I can't move on.  It's been forever! Does anyone else miss their ex after being divorced 4 yrs! We text a lot, get together on occasion and I feel like we both miss each other.  Maybe that's it. Maybe I need to cut off communication. It's just hard.

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Unless its a possibility you will get back together, you need to cut off communication except for talking about the kids. It's been 4 years, it is past time to move on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I agree *hugs*

Quoting Robsessed98:

Unless its a possibility you will get back together, you need to cut off communication except for talking about the kids. It's been 4 years, it is past time to move on.
FabiolaG
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I agree with you, im going on 3 years and its very difficult and hard to explain. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Don't miss the ex, but certainly miss my babies.

flgirl12
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah, I understand. By keeping communication, though, you are constantly re-opening the wound. There is a reason he is your ex....you need to remind yourself why, and give your heart some space and time to accept those reasons.

WatchmansMoon
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I know it's rare, but people do get remarry their xs's.  Of course, not without a great deal of thought and probably a lot of counseling.  Is that completely out of the question for you?  ((Hugs!))

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

This.

My parents divorced and remarried each other TWICE!  It does happen. 

Quoting WatchmansMoon:

I know it's rare, but people do get remarry their xs's.  Of course, not without a great deal of thought and probably a lot of counseling.  Is that completely out of the question for you?  ((Hugs!))

mnivis01
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Yup! Know exactly how you feel. :/
BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Is he dating anyone?

wildhorses420
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM

It's because you are still in constant commuication. Yes it's hard. But once you force the distance, you'll be able to move on. If you don't, it'll still be there. You  have to cut it off. There is no other way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)