Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Support is a joke

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 19 Replies
3 moms liked this
I personally find the child support system to be a joke and it needs a major over haul. How is it that men who take no responsibility for their kids at all can walk around and have court ordered child and jobs and still you hardly ever receive any child support but men and women who actually do for their kids get railroaded daily. I personally don't depend on child support bcuz even though my sons dad works I hardly ever get it. So as a single mom I just make due and do the best I can but I feel like if you can find Osama in a foreign country you can find and do something about all these deadbeat parents
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:37 AM

The child support system really is a joke here. Some states are better than others but overall it really sucks.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM

HI and welcome to the group

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree the laws are too lenient with deadbeats. Many mothers are deadbeats too. Not saying its your fault but lots of women have kids with total losers. I see it on this board all the time. Their baby daddies are deadbeats to their other kids, they work low paying jobs, a felon, or a druggie. Yet they were good enough to have a baby with. Many family court issues would be solved if people took a little more thought into choosing their babies parents.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Welcome!
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree the system is a joke. I would rather them make a man work and take his pay than throw them in jail. What is jail going to do? Not a darn thing.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. At least put them on work release if they want em lock up.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I agree the system is a joke. I would rather them make a man work and take his pay than throw them in jail. What is jail going to do? Not a darn thing.

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:06 PM

It is definitely a joke here in GA!!! They only spout out empty threats and suspend your drivers license as if that is a deterrent!!! That is why my ex is over $13000 in arrears... oh and by the way he quit a job he has had for 23 years with the IRS , three years away from retirement, quit paying the mortgage on both our homes, let the car get repossessed..and now works under the table as an independent tax agent..I can go on and on. I am just thankful i never quit my job ... it allows me to take care of my daughter by myself...of course she was 10 when I finally left his ass right ther in our home we left Texas for.not sure if he was going through mid life crisies or lost his damn mind.. OK rant over Georgia child support enforcement is useless unless you can supply them with the name and address of the job of the non custodial parent!!!.

ghostcat90
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

And this is why the SD (sperm donor) is NOT on my girl's birth certificate...I knew he wouldn't take care of her (he has a couple of other kids he said he didn't have much to do with because they were in another state, but given how quickly he ditched me, I know the truth now) and I didn't want the idiot to have custody rights if something happened to me.  That said, my refusal to name him and pursue him for child support excludes me from government aid outside of WIC (my job doesn't offer a full coverage insurance, but our state has insurance for children as long as you pursue child support).

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Dd's dad is not on her BC either. Legal shield just sent me my questionaire to prepare a will. Please believe the two people i named to take care of dd is definitely not him or any one on his triflin side of his family. Im sendin this off tomorrow!

Quoting ghostcat90:

And this is why the SD (sperm donor) is NOT on my girl's birth certificate...I knew he wouldn't take care of her (he has a couple of other kids he said he didn't have much to do with because they were in another state, but given how quickly he ditched me, I know the truth now) and I didn't want the idiot to have custody rights if something happened to me.  That said, my refusal to name him and pursue him for child support excludes me from government aid outside of WIC (my job doesn't offer a full coverage insurance, but our state has insurance for children as long as you pursue child support).

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Its easier to get a job or start a legit business and do it on our own, than wasting time trying to make a man (or womann) do what they should be doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)