Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single mom of five year old needs help

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am a single mother of a five year old boy. Dontay has been going to daycare since he was six weeks old i have never had trouble leaving him there. He goes to pre school there as well. So about four days ago dontay cries for me at school and daycare the whole day the teachers ask him whats wrong and he says he just misses his mom. Even when my sister has him whom he is very close with he cries there as well saying the same thing. I dont know what to do i tried making a chart for him and explaining every day he dont cry he gets a sticker and when he gets five in a row he gets a special treat but unfortunatly it didnt work. I really dont know what else to do and it breaks my heart that he cries like this all day. Any advice?
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Has he been feeling alright?  Sometimes when my kids are sick (or getting sick) they get extra emotional and/or clingy.

If not, maybe just plan on spending some extra time with him over the next week.

brieri
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Have there been any changes at home recently that he might be worried about? Have you been spending less quality time with him? Idk, I'm not a shrink, but if it just started out of the blue with no prior attachment issues, it sounds to me like he's having an emotional issue of some sort or is feeling insecure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollinicole
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I have been there, DD is 6 now and still sometimes does this. When she does it I find that she is in need of some extra mommy time. Try doing something fun together that you normal don't do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM

this is why i stopped working and stay home now. i couldn't handle it. i have no advice. i know many don't have my option, and im sure it sucks. 

is he feeling ok? sometimes they get more clingy when not feeling right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)