Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

finally child support

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 19 Replies
It only took me 3years after the divorce was finalized and several grand in arrears to get my first cs payment. I filed cs enforcement over a year ago because he would never pay. After failed attempts at garnishing his wages. Des cs enforcement started basically threatening his employer if they didn't get a payment every 2wks in the amount they were gonna be in huge trouble. I have struggled sooo much and now he's complaining how is hr supposed to live, like I give a rats ass. What he has put us thru in the past 3yrs has been hell. If he quits so he doesn't have to pay I'm getting his ass thrown in jail. I'm tired of being nice. Oh and I will get every single cent of his tax refund( the kids will) . I'm using it if and when I vet it to pay ahead on bills including daycare, am/pm, rent electric and to get off of pa. Oh and btw I work full-time but my pay is crappy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Well you won't get his tax refund until probably July/August. Congrats on finally getting it.... my oldest son's sperm donor just stopped paying again... he stops paying every year around this time and makes some type of excuse.

kimikylemama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I know if and when He files it takes like 6 monthsish to get it. I just can't believe it, finally.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Well you won't get his tax refund until probably July/August. Congrats on finally getting it.... my oldest son's sperm donor just stopped paying again... he stops paying every year around this time and makes some type of excuse.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:53 PM

if he files.... my ex hasn't filed taxes in 5 years... (my youngest son's sperm donor) if I don't get his taxes this year.... I most definitely will be calling the IRS and reporting it. My youngest son's sperm donor is $26k behind in support.

Quoting kimikylemama:

I know if and when He files it takes like 6 monthsish to get it. I just can't believe it, finally.
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:56 PM

If he quits and stops paying than goes to jail you will still be struggling so maybe you can try to learn a new skill, some classes, start a side business, so if this should happen you will be ahead and not have to worry about missing the support cause if he goes to jail than gets out he will be owing more than he was before and if he stops working and paying he will never start paying again.

kimikylemama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Wow that's a lot back cs. My friend had her ex charged with contempt. His ass got thrown in jail, he's there til all back cs is paid in full. He owes like 15000. Mine will file because he's greedy and seems to think there's no reason he wont get his refund. He's a dumbass.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

if he files.... my ex hasn't filed taxes in 5 years... (my youngest son's sperm donor) if I don't get his taxes this year.... I most definitely will be calling the IRS and reporting it. My youngest son's sperm donor is $26k behind in support.

Quoting kimikylemama:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM

no... it doesn't work as easily as you think. They won't just throw him in jail immediately.... I tried getting both of my ex's thrown in jail for non-payment and CS enforcement couldn't do a damn thing because it has to amount to a certain amount or so long now (at least in Ohio).

Quoting virginiamama71:

If he quits and stops paying than goes to jail you will still be struggling so maybe you can try to learn a new skill, some classes, start a side business, so if this should happen you will be ahead and not have to worry about missing the support cause if he goes to jail than gets out he will be owing more than he was before and if he stops working and paying he will never start paying again.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM

oh both of mine are greedy fuckers also. Which is why they keep quitting their jobs and working under the table. 

Quoting kimikylemama:

Wow that's a lot back cs. My friend had her ex charged with contempt. His ass got thrown in jail, he's there til all back cs is paid in full. He owes like 15000. Mine will file because he's greedy and seems to think there's no reason he wont get his refund. He's a dumbass.
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting kimikylemama:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM
How will he pay it? Is he on work release?
Quoting kimikylemama:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting kimikylemama:

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

how much is the amount it has to get to before they are sent to jail and while in jail how will you get it if you were not getting it before and when they come out of jail it becomes the same cycle?

If they were bitter men before they are more bitter later.

Its sad but really our children have only us to be their main providers and its best for us to be that instead of chasing the men who are obviously not going to pay anything or pay when they want.

Have you tried other options like have them spend time with their children?

Even when married my ex did not give enough time to our son, so  Time is what my ex owes my son but he will never live long enough to give him that lost time.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

no... it doesn't work as easily as you think. They won't just throw him in jail immediately.... I tried getting both of my ex's thrown in jail for non-payment and CS enforcement couldn't do a damn thing because it has to amount to a certain amount or so long now (at least in Ohio).

Quoting virginiamama71:

kimikylemama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:21 PM
I don't know much about the jail part. But I guess my friend filed contempt against her ex, went to court, the judge threw him in jail and he has to work release to pay all the back cs and has to be 100% current before he is released from jail.

My state only has to be 5000 or 6 months w/o even a $1 payment and they can be charged with contempt. Or you can file on your own before 6 months but you have to pay to file if you do it in your own. I was told a couple of wks ago, yes went from not a chance in hell if getting the cs to it in my acct in that shirt if time. I found out all his info and gave des a phone call:) I was told about the contempt a couple of wks ago.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)