Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Age differences? UPDATE: I called him.....

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 40 Replies

Last night I met a guy at work. He came through my line about 3 times before getting up the nerve to ask me for my number lol I told him to give me his number and I would call him lol He's cute, seems nice. Only problem? He's 21. Not really too big of an age difference seeing as that I'm 24. Still i just don't date younger guys they seem to immature. He may not be immature at all but he'll be 22 and May and I'll be 25 in September. I know its my decision in the end but just looking for opinions on the subject? Thanks ladies.

UPDATE: So I ended up calling him and I blocked my number just in case he happened to be crazy lol and I'm glad I did. So we talked and like I said he's 21. He asked why I called him from a restricted number and I told him because I wanted to get a feel for him 1st before he had my number. Anyways, so I told him I had a child and he said he had one as well. Guess how old she is? She'll be born next week. He says he's not with his daughter's mother because she doesn't have the right mindset and that he realized a little too late that he was with the wrong person. lol I told him I had some things to do and that I would call him back later. Needless to say I haven't.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Doesn't hurt to try
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I would get to know him first. You will know within a short amount of time how mature he is.

LilMamaK
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I'd say give it a shot. If he ends up being too immature, nothing lost you know? But what if he turns out to be something amazing? Never know till you try.

*~*Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & My Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Thanks for your replies ladies. I think I will call him. Can't hurt right?

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM
My husband is 20 years my senior...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Meaning? I never understood when people said that.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Meaning he is 20 years older than I am. I find that mentality is much more important than age when it comes to relationships.

The age difference you mentioned is quite small. Are the two of you interested in the same things? Do you desire the same things? Do your personalities mesh well? If so, what does his age matter? If not, it wouldn't matter if the two of you are the exact same age.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM

How old are you? How long have ya'll been together? Yea, you're right mentality and age are 2 different things.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Meaning he is 20 years older than I am. I find that mentality is much more important than age when it comes to relationships.

The age difference you mentioned is quite small. Are the two of you interested in the same things? Do you desire the same things? Do your personalities mesh well? If so, what does his age matter? If not, it wouldn't matter if the two of you are the exact same age.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I'm 24. We've been together for 4 years.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

How old are you? How long have ya'll been together? Yea, you're right mentality and age are 2 different things.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I would go for it!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)