Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What happens next?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 19 Replies

So my dd's dad is behind in his child support. I texted him about it and he said when he got paid he'd take care of it. So I'm still waiting. I called cs again Fri and they said they had suspended his license Feb 27, and said they would now take further action, and it would take 10 days for them to do that. What is the next course of action they take after driver's license suspension? Just curious.

And I doubt he got the notice about his license being suspended bc he has been out of state on business. I texted him and told him his license was suspended but he didn't respond. I don't even know if he believes me, bc I have heard from his sil that often he claims I am making this up. I know it's bad to say but I am so sick of dealing with him, that I wish he would get pulled over and get caught driving on a suspended license. He deserves to get knocked down a peg or two. He can come up with that money even if he hasn't gotten paid. He could get a loan. He could have paid in advance. He could get his parents to give him the money and then pay them back. He could find a way if he really thought it was important. After dealing with his crap all this time, I would love to see his a** get in serious trouble.

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Just what is a suspended d/l really going to do to help your ex?  curious = sometimes I wonder if the state or whoever handles these issues really think are solving the problems.  Waste. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Why suspend his license? He will keep driving or find someone else to drive him around and you still will not get the child support.

I agree with the brieri, its a waste when states do this...they need to try something productive its not working well at all what they have now. 

wildhorses420
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk about your state but here they go after bank accounts, tax returns, assets, then a warrant for arrest

wildhorses420
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with the other..suspended license is shooting yourself in the foot.If he can't get to work, how's he supposed to make money? I think that's dumb

pce68
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM

It might have an effect on him, bc he drives a lot on his line of work. And if they take away his professional license, that will really hurt him. He is an insurance adjustor so if they suspend that license, he can't work. I know, you'll say if he can't work, then how does that help? Well, in my case, his family has lots of money. His parents own 5 houses, in 4 states. I know they could get him the money if he needed it. But I bet he has the money himself and just hasn't paid it.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Why suspend his license? He will keep driving or find someone else to drive him around and you still will not get the child support.

I agree with the brieri, its a waste when states do this...they need to try something productive its not working well at all what they have now. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Of course if he is working he has the money he is just too mean to want to do right but if he is not working will his parents starting paying the child support, its not their child to take care of, and he is no longer a dependent child for them to care for.
Quoting pce68:

It might have an effect on him, bc he drives a lot on his line of work. And if they take away his professional license, that will really hurt him. He is an insurance adjustor so if they suspend that license, he can't work. I know, you'll say if he can't work, then how does that help? Well, in my case, his family has lots of money. His parents own 5 houses, in 4 states. I know they could get him the money if he needed it. But I bet he has the money himself and just hasn't paid it.

Quoting virginiamama71:

pce68
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM

He's working. He's been up in NY dealing with claims from Hurricane Sandy the last few months (he's an insurance adjustor). I'm not expecting his parents to pay it for him. I'm saying if he hasn't gotten paid for this work yet, then he could ask his parents to loan him the money and then pay them back when he does get paid. But I doubt he has no money whatsoever to send them. He's just been busy and doesn't care if it gets paid on time. Plus he is probably pissed off at me and trying to be difficult.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Of course if he is working he has the money he is just too mean to want to do right but if he is not working will his parents starting paying the child support, its not their child to take care of, and he is no longer a dependent child for them to care for.
Quoting pce68:

Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Ok I understand now. Its sad grown men being like this and its the child(ren) they will hurt because of it.
Quoting pce68:

He's working. He's been up in NY dealing with claims from Hurricane Sandy the last few months (he's an insurance adjustor). I'm not expecting his parents to pay it for him. I'm saying if he hasn't gotten paid for this work yet, then he could ask his parents to loan him the money and then pay them back when he does get paid. But I doubt he has no money whatsoever to send them. He's just been busy and doesn't care if it gets paid on time. Plus he is probably pissed off at me and trying to be difficult.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting pce68:

Quoting virginiamama71:

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Here the next step is jail. If that doesn't work I don't even know what's next. I agree that suspension and jail make no sense since both make it a bit more difficult to keep a job and garnish his check, but there has to stronger and more severe punishment until they finally give in and take care of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

If hes working then why didn't the court garnish his wages - you wil get it faster.  But suspending his license is going to do no god and by putting him in jail is even worse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN