Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

he stayed the nite

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this
I met this guy a few mos ago on the bus we exchanged fb info talked on there for awhile, found out he was in the half way house here in my city. I looked him up on the county website to see what the charges were against him, then asked him what he was in for. He told me the charges against him. After he'd got out he started asking to see me i kept putting it off because of my daughter.

Finally i agreed to let him come see me......he showed up lasnite after work with his bag in his hand. We stayed up all nite talking. Turns out he's intelligent and built like popeye the sailor man(toot toot lol). He also knows the bible inside and out. He has a job and wants better for himself. He was in prison for drugs. He really is sweet i told him he was nerdy. We have alot in common.....

Never thought i'd say this but i like him. I got up this morning and made us breakfast(he enjoyed it btw) then after my daughter came home from her dads i made dinner he ate with us(he likes my daughter ) hugged me and left for work.

I told him he's welcome here anytime just call ahead and make sure we're home. He says he likes me but isn't ready for a serious relationship because he just got out(understandable).

He's 6ft 3 and 240 and it's pure muscle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abusednotbroken
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
6 moms liked this

Sounds like he's changed his ways and has many good qualities, but I think it would be wise to get to know him better before welcoming him freely, especially given his size. Be safe =)

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM
6 moms liked this
It's cool to have a new friend and hopefully it will turn out to be a good one. But honestly, inviting him into your home, especially with your child there, when you really know nothing about him isn't the wisest or most responsible move you could have made.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this

People do change, and its good he got a job and is moving forward with his life but I would not bring a man into my home that I just recently met, whether I lived alone, with a roomie and especially with my child who happen to become too attached easily.

If you choose to continue seeing him see how long he holds this job, cause at my job we have clients, who have gotten jobs after getting out of jaill, than after a few months lose that job, cause the background check came back.

I hope this is not going to be his case, and he went thru the felony program that helps felons to get jobs, and he continues to be a productive citizen and becomes a success after learning so much from his past mistakes.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

good luck keep you and your child safe and be cautious

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:15 AM
He's already told me management knows his situation obviously they had to do a background check before they hired him at least thats how they do things here.

Quoting virginiamama71:

People do change, and its good he got a job and is moving forward with his life but I would not bring a man into my home that I just recently met, whether I lived alone, with a roomie and especially with my child who happen to become too attached easily.

If you choose to continue seeing him see how long he holds this job, cause at my job we have clients, who have gotten jobs after getting out of jaill, than after a few months lose that job, cause the background check came back.

I hope this is not going to be his case, and he went thru the felony program that helps felons to get jobs, and he continues to be a productive citizen and becomes a success after learning so much from his past mistakes.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:17 AM
4 moms liked this
You already seem to have feelings for him & he made it clear he is playing around right now. Back away quickly!
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM
He says he never wants to go back. If he dares to touch my child thats where he will land......he wants his son that his ex lost custody of while he was away.

I think he's changed for the better honestly he seems like he's never been in trouble except for all his muscle you can't tell he's been in trouble til he talks about it.

We're just friends nothing farther......as far as the other stuff with my daughter goes he's met her once on the bus......

Quoting virginiamama71:

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
No i'm not looking to jump right into a relationship just yet either. We both agreed to be friends. Just because we have alot in common doesn't mean i want a relationship with him.

As far as him staying the nite and me feeding him food goes i'm not going to allow someone to go hungry while i eat in front of him and he crashed on my couch, where was he supposed to sleep outside in the dumpsters?

I believe in treat a person how you want to be treated because karma will come back on you.

Quoting mrsary:

You already seem to have feelings for him & he made it clear he is playing around right now. Back away quickly!
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
This is good. blockquote class="quotedText">Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

He's already told me management knows his situation obviously they had to do a background check before they hired him at least thats how they do things here.

Quoting virginiamama71:

mrsary
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM
That's cool!

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

No i'm not looking to jump right into a relationship just yet either. We both agreed to be friends. Just because we have alot in common doesn't mean i want a relationship with him.

As far as him staying the nite and me feeding him food goes i'm not going to allow someone to go hungry while i eat in front of him and he crashed on my couch, where was he supposed to sleep outside in the dumpsters?

I believe in treat a person how you want to be treated because karma will come back on you.

Quoting mrsary:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)