Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to deal feeling unattravtive

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 14 Replies
I'm turning 26 and I feel like I will never get a man. I'm overweight and on top of that my ex husband tells me that it was my weight that made him leave. Of course that is not the real problem but I feel so ugly and second handed :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abusednotbroken
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM

He's shallow to leave you for that, but I encourage you to see yourself and if there are changes you want to make, pursue them. There is someone meant just for you!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Don't listen to your ex.  Do something about your weight if you aren't happy.  I took the step and lost 70lbs i'm the happiest i've ever been

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Learn to love yourself and someone will come along and love you for who you are. 

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I was a little overweight while I was married- but since the separation...I have packed on30 lbs! I called it the year of cheesecake! But seriously, I hate it and I do feel unattractive. There is part of me that feels like I am just replacing sex and affection w food...and then sometimes I think it is just fleshy body armor protecting me from attracting anyone, and where that might lead. Other days I war to do something about it but I am just too friggin tired to exercise. I hate that it is sunny outside and I wanted to wear my shorts so I pulled them out, and none of them fit :(. I wish I cared more, then maybe I would do something about it.
soulofsunmama
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Forget the shorts, put on a nice cool skirt, and go for a walk every day.
Doesn't have to be long, start small, then build.
It will clear your head (BIG-TIME) help redirect your eating habits, change your mind frame and after awhile cloths just start fitting better, then better then better.
Keep it simple and consistent.
You are beautiful the way you are, let no one convince you otherwise, yet take control yourself with baby steps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newlife2013
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:25 AM
That is one of the most hurtful thing he can say to you that can really get to you and he probably knew that - get your confidence back slowly, realize your best qualities and do what you want for yourself and start small. Sometimes the best thing to start feeling better is when these types of men are no longer in your life, stay strong.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Don't let others bring you down. If you arev unhappy with your weight then do something about it. I felt the same way and have lost almost 50 lbs and am still losing!! Good luck mama!!!
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM
If you're unhappy with your weight, work on losing it. If you're unhappy with your appearance, change it. Get a new hairstyle, change makeup, or do whatever you want until YOU are happy with how you look. Feeling good about how you look also gives you a boost of self-confidence.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM

this & hugs...

Quoting virginiamama71:

Learn to love yourself and someone will come along and love you for who you are. 

NaviHope
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My ex husband told me that weight gain was the reason he did not want to have sex with me.  Talk about a blow to the self esteem.  Strange enough, he was in great shape and I didn't want to have sex with him either, lol.  It wasn't even about size by that point, we just didn't get along.  After we separated, I did put on a little weight from depression but then this past March I just decided I was ready to get healthy for me.  I have lost over 100 lbs. and am smaller than I was in high school.  I feel amazing and am learning to deal with my emotions without the aid of food.  Don't let the ex get you down.  Try to take baby steps and when you decide you want to change you will.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)