Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you wish you hadn't told your ex that you were pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 27 Replies
Recently I've been wishing more and more that I hadn't told my ex I was pregnant with my son. We were broken up at the time I found out and then got back together because of my ds. Right now he picks him up from time to time and either drops him off with this lady (my son refers to her as "the old lady") who apparently argues with my son about his name and calls me names in front of him. This last time apparently the ex took him to work with him (he's a mechanic and ds is 5). Ds comes home REEKING of smoke and dirty head to toe. I could prob go on for a while on the crap he's done.

I wish I had never told my ex I was pregnant to begin with and I would give up child support right now if he would sign his rights away. Do any of you ladies feel the same?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

He would have found out anyways right? I mean sure you can hide a pregnancy but you don't stay pregnant forever. Yea you could tell him that he wasn't his but then if he asks for a DNA he'll still know won't he?

I told my ex I was pregnant the same day I found out. I was 15 and 5 weeks pregnant. We had our ups and downs, he cheated, I left then he went crazy. 8 yrs later I'm still dealing with the bs and he pays child support from time to time. Just keep it moving and do what you need to do for your son. If you feel he is in an unhealthy environment, talk to your ex about it, if that doesn't work take him to court.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Yea but my ex doesn't do crap for his child yet he'll harass me saying i keep her from him. He'll say he wants to see her but that's it. I just got my child support check for 44 bucks yay. He said hed give more if i took him off cs. I wish hed crawl into a hole and die to be frank..
paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I had told my ex that my baby wasn't his for months (during pregnancy) I eventually told him the truth.. still wish I hadn't!
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope not for a second. I had issues with them, but I always dealt with it because I knew our problems were between us not our children. They belong to their dads as much as they belong to me and they had every right to spend as much time with them as possible.
abbybabylove
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Well when I found out I was contemplating it because of how crap I was treated for no reason but then I decided eventually due to the fact that if one day he\she would ask where their daddy is if his not present then I would not be held responsible for his own decisions he made. When these kids grow up they to some extend resent their mothers for with holding the truth even if it was for their own good.eventually the question will come up where my daddy is and if they are older it will stay a desire to know their father so in that I am glad I told baby's daddy even though his not present now I know I did the right thing:)
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM
No. He's no dad o the year but he's the only one they got.

I'm against not telling someone they are a parent unless your life would be in danger. There are measures you can take to protect kids from situations. System isn't perfect but use it.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
No, he's a great dad and we were awful together! Now we are good at co-parenting and the legal fight we would have had if I had not told him would have been gargantuan. The rough times are completely outweighed by how amazing of a father he is and that is all that matters.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM
In a way yea he's not around only a few texts a year would be easier if he would just disappear all together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

yup, u hit the nail on the head!I refuse to be held responsible for the other parent's actions.

Quoting abbybabylove:

Well when I found out I was contemplating it because of how crap I was treated for no reason but then I decided eventually due to the fact that if one day he\she would ask where their daddy is if his not present then I would not be held responsible for his own decisions he made. When these kids grow up they to some extend resent their mothers for with holding the truth even if it was for their own good.eventually the question will come up where my daddy is and if they are older it will stay a desire to know their father so in that I am glad I told baby's daddy even though his not present now I know I did the right thing:)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

uniquemomx2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I am happy he knew. I have my moments when I wish I didn't. He's been there for me and my boys even when he didn't have too. Co parenting works for us. Even when we argue
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)