Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating....we are a package deal.

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 50 Replies
I have been apart from my ex since 2004 and I've dated 2 ppl since and neither were serious. How do you start datong when it's been you and your kid(s) for so long and where do you even go to meet ppl?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I met my so at work. Lol. I quit that employer a month later. And now two years later (more officially the last year) we are stronger than ever. We still have a great relationship 24 year age gap and all. (I think it helps us. I'm more nature for my age. )
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heather1076
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting a06z08mama:

I met my so at work. Lol. I quit that employer a month later. And now two years later (more officially the last year) we are stronger than ever. We still have a great relationship 24 year age gap and all. (I think it helps us. I'm more nature for my age. )

My mom and stepdad have an 18 year age difference. He's younger and I tried younger and it didn't work. Maybe I should try older. :)
a06z08mama
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be able to do younger. They are too immature. I have two kids. And I don't want just a buddy for them. I want a boyfriend. Best friend. Lover. And that's what I got with my "old" man. He is the best. Plays with the kids. Calls when they are sick. Even came to ds bday party Sat :) (their dad is still in their lives but doesn't do much with them at all. My so is more of the father figure in their lives)

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I've dated off and on the past few years but nothing serious.  I figure if I find someone great, if not honestly I'm ok with it as well lol.  I've met people online, at parks, been set up by friends, etc.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I prefer not to go younger either and if I do only like a year.  Even being almost 30 most guys my age or younger seem really immature and not ready to grow up/not party all the time. 

Quoting a06z08mama:

I wouldn't be able to do younger. They are too immature. I have two kids. And I don't want just a buddy for them. I want a boyfriend. Best friend. Lover. And that's what I got with my "old" man. He is the best. Plays with the kids. Calls when they are sick. Even came to ds bday party Sat :) (their dad is still in their lives but doesn't do much with them at all. My so is more of the father figure in their lives)

mommy2zbg
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this

you might try just going out one night with some friends and see where that gets ya... if there is someone there attracted to you then try striking up a conversation... Mention that you do have a kid and see what his reaction might be.

I might this guy last weekend and he has said something about hanging out and everything but i'm always like I do have a kid you know and he said well I know that. I kinda consider you a "package deal"... didn't really wanna be refered to as that... but it made my heart melt that he has never even met my ds and he's already okay with it!

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
The grocery store, work, bars, any where. It depends on the man you decide to date if it's something serious.
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM
You can meet guys anywhere you go or have a friend set you up. Try online dating. Just let them know up front you're a package deal so you don't waste your time on anyone who can't deal.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

lol i just have to tell you. my dad is 17 years older than my mom. he is now 80 years old and senile and drives my mom fucking bananas. she takes trips to me or my sisters as often as possible to get away from him. he turned crazy hate radio repub and is mean to all the neighbors and my mom is a liberal peace loving hippie.

Quoting a06z08mama:

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Dating? What's that? I haven't been on a date since I broke up with the sperm donor 5 yrs ago. Men don't like the baggage of a child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)