Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating....we are a package deal.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been apart from my ex since 2004 and I've dated 2 ppl since and neither were serious. How do you start datong when it's been you and your kid(s) for so long and where do you even go to meet ppl?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
nebraskamomto2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I've been divorced for 2 yrs and have done a little dating.  I went on a dat last week with someone I met on match and it went fine.  Ended up not really having the chemistry,but otherwise he was a nice guy! I figure it's good experience to start getting back "out there"!  I don't think all men dislike the baggage of a child.  I've met several already that don't care, and are understanding, and especially if they have kids as well....then they understand you have other priorities as well.  I would say finding time is hardest.  I have my kids pretty much all the time so every other weekend is about all the "going out" time I have. 

eviesmom453
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any interest/time in dating, I'm too busy focusing on being a Mom.

goddess99
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I met my dh online. It's a great way to get to know someone before introducing them to your kids.

lizard11080
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I met my boyfriend when he was working on the house next door. He knew I had a child from the beginning and still asked for my number. He's the first guy I've dated in three years since leaving my ex.
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I made the choice not to date until after I graduate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I do the whole online thing, but don't put much stock into it. I also try to get out as much as possible, even though most times it's with my kids. You never know - could be a friend of someone you meet at the part who you're set up with.

kelliehelvie
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I tried christian mingle. My user name was ********Momma and I had one picture of the two of us. Whoever was looking at my account knew she was with me 100% of the time. Worked out well because we're together and we're raising our 3 children (all under age 3)together. We all went to an aquarium together as our first date. It was so much fun! It was like a play date for the kids!

I got bashed a lot here on CM before we went on our date. I posted about it THIS GROUP and some thoughtful, KIND WOMAN thought it would be okay to bring it to confessions (anonymously)  and ask everyone what they thought. A lot of the women were warning me about introducing my dd to men. It wasn't about him, it was about her new friends. She meets men all the time at church, at the grocery store, our neighbors etc. Now she calls him Daddy.

Ali5683
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I've been single for a year now and haven't even attempted dating. I don't want to. But I'll certainly have the same questions you do when I do start. I have higher expectations now that I'm a mother. But, we'll see when I get there. Good luck. :)

justahousewife
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Online dating is handy for moms because we can weed out a lot of the garbage just through emails and chat. 

RaevynEvermore
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I met my boyfriend on an online community for fetish minded people. He messaged me telling me he liked me style and we talked and met up for coffee a week after that. Since then we have seen each other every weekend and he loves my dd. We are 7 years apart and he doesnt have any kids, but is fantastic with my dd :)

You never know when you'll meet someone and how accepting they will be. Just do your thing and you'll meet someone in a way unknown to you. I was not looking for someone when I met him, I was actually opposed to dating since no one ever wants someone with a kid. So I was super bitch to every man I encountered in my day to day life lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)