Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating....we are a package deal.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been apart from my ex since 2004 and I've dated 2 ppl since and neither were serious. How do you start datong when it's been you and your kid(s) for so long and where do you even go to meet ppl?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
amberbamber0213
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM

i started going out with my sister after my divorce. and thats how i met my now DF last year at a bombfire party.

NaviHope
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

It took me awhile after my marriage ended to be even be in a mindset to start "dating".  I took some time to get myself ready emotionally and then physically.  I was out of shape and put on lots of weight through the marriage and divorce.  You can start off by just being more active, social and open.  That's what I did. Re-connect through Facebook, join meetups and start being more open and friendly.  Guys pick up on this big time and I didn't have to "try" and meet anyone.  Just being social and friendly will usually work.  If that doesn't, then I would go the route of having  friends introduce you to single guys they know.  Good luck.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:56 PM

that's not always the truth... DF is 6 yrs younger to the day (we have the same birthday) and he's actually more mature than a lot of guys my age or older. I think it all depends on how the guy is raised. DF's parents made sure they raised two really mature and able children. 

Quoting a06z08mama:

I wouldn't be able to do younger. They are too immature. I have two kids. And I don't want just a buddy for them. I want a boyfriend. Best friend. Lover. And that's what I got with my "old" man. He is the best. Plays with the kids. Calls when they are sick. Even came to ds bday party Sat :) (their dad is still in their lives but doesn't do much with them at all. My so is more of the father figure in their lives)

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
This. I think of online dating as going to the man store.

Quoting justahousewife:

Online dating is handy for moms because we can weed out a lot of the garbage just through emails and chat. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie0234
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Met mine on Match.com :) And I'm sure people will have comments on that... I use to doubt it. But it worked out amazingly for me. Love him so much, and he is womderful with my kids. And we are expecting one of our own :)

a06z08mama
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM
That's true. All of the guys around here well most of them are still into partying and live at home with parents and no jobs. My ex was 7 years older than me and acted like 13 year old. So I skipped a few more years. Its been the best thing for me and my kids

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

that's not always the truth... DF is 6 yrs younger to the day (we have the same birthday) and he's actually more mature than a lot of guys my age or older. I think it all depends on how the guy is raised. DF's parents made sure they raised two really mature and able children. 

Quoting a06z08mama:

I wouldn't be able to do younger. They are too immature. I have two kids. And I don't want just a buddy for them. I want a boyfriend. Best friend. Lover. And that's what I got with my "old" man. He is the best. Plays with the kids. Calls when they are sick. Even came to ds bday party Sat :) (their dad is still in their lives but doesn't do much with them at all. My so is more of the father figure in their lives)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theflash
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM
My mom n step dad were 23 yrs apart (him being older and a WEEK younger then my grandma >.>) he loved me as his own daughter, and how they worked out best was he'd come around few times a month (they both love their space lol) but they never lived together. u ask anyone, they would say they were married and I was his actual daughter lol. As I got older it became every other month then every few months then few times a yr. they were together 18yrs before my mom passed away last yr. and I've never seen a happier non married couple.
sr6487
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I am alone & have kids. I've done online & I think it sucks. Don't have any single girlfriends or friends who want to go out. I am about to give up :(
mariee12
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I`m just divorcing my husband of 22 years. And I gotta tell you bars are packed with guys looking for love, specially the newly divorced guys.   Just go easy and you will find the perfect match.  I`m  not a believer of internet dates, they are as easy as a push and look for someone new everyday,  At bar or clubs you find guys from your own community.

bad_mama2011
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I met my husband online at plentyoffish.com. My advice to anyone dating online is to be safe, don't give away personal information, like where you live or even that you have kids, and take friends to meet the person in a public place. Wait until you've gone out a few times to tell them you have kids and wait even longer until you know that it's getting serious before you let them meet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)