Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating....we are a package deal.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been apart from my ex since 2004 and I've dated 2 ppl since and neither were serious. How do you start datong when it's been you and your kid(s) for so long and where do you even go to meet ppl?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
Unicorn1110
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM

After my div the Internet was just really getting started. There was a local chat room that would get together 1-2x a month. Safer than just meeting a stranger as it was a group setting. Been married 10 yrs now from a man I met that way.  

Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I met my SO on eharmony. He is amazing and is great with DS. We have been together 8 months now. He knew from the beginning that I have a child and that he comes first.
I tried the bar scene, going out with friends and what not, nothing was happening. I dated a guy from work a few years ago and would never do that again. So I turned to Internet dating. My stepmom actually had asked if she could set up my profile and that I needed to get out there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ft1966
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I tried the on line dating, its works out for some company but they seem to all have skeletons in the closet that you don't find out about til you're involved. I wish I'd just kept it at dating and the hell with the ones that want to get serious.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I have no clue and really I'm not looking if someone comes along great but I'm in no hurry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayceejane
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I'm not a single mom anymore, but when I was I planned dates at night after my son had already gone to bed, and by dates I mean cooking a late supper in the kitchen with ze fancy man-thing and watching a movie together. Sometimes we would get a babysitter and go for walks around the neighborhood or out dancing for a couple hours. I met him through a friend because we had similar interests in art and he had wanted some photographs of himself done.

november0229
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I feel the same lol where ru from?

Quoting sr6487:

I am alone & have kids. I've done online & I think it sucks. Don't have any single girlfriends or friends who want to go out. I am about to give up :(

Danyell9301
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Been on a few dates, but not many boys are up to my standards now. I make it clear that I am a package deal. There are a few Men out there that will daye women with kids. But they are few and far between. 

Go out with friends for now and see how that goes. They might have someone in mind for you. But remember, if the child don't like the person its time to move to the next one. 

november0229
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I must say that I'm tempted to do online but is as nervous as all hell lol I just need to go out dancing occasionally 💃👠💄
LeiOKeOla
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Other marriedcouples and or single's ministry in our home church are very supportive . Saturday and or Friday is date night n our church and we plan dates as a group. Either the men plan it out or even the women. It's fun putting our heads together as women tryin to see how we can encourage the men. We find out their interests and sometimes even plan around that idea to sum up the organizing/planning.
LeiOKeOla
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:47 AM
We get to know each other this way without any commitments. Eventually an interest in a specific person may develop and the dating sometimes turn n2 steady dating :-). But even then we are still getting to know each other with the understanding that the steady dating doesn't always lead to engagement.

Quoting LeiOKeOla:

Other marriedcouples and or single's ministry in our home church are very supportive . Saturday and or Friday is date night n our church and we plan dates as a group. Either the men plan it out or even the women. It's fun putting our heads together as women tryin to see how we can encourage the men. We find out their interests and sometimes even plan around that idea to sum up the organizing/planning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)