Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating....we are a package deal.

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been apart from my ex since 2004 and I've dated 2 ppl since and neither were serious. How do you start datong when it's been you and your kid(s) for so long and where do you even go to meet ppl?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:54 AM
A friend set up my boyfriend and I. I do have to say he did a pretty good job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM

go slow and be safe i met my husband online but remember you have to met a kot of frogs before you met your prince

Medusa686
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I met my husband on match.com years ago. 

singlemama0905
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I met my boyfriend online...and I'm more serious with him than I ever have been with anyone. he frustrates the hell outta me sometimes but I love him.

honestly, I tried dating guys without kids and they don't get it...my boyfriend has 2 wonderful boys so he's more understanding of me as a mom...though I've learned to never expect anyone, him included, what it really means to be a single mom and how rare time to ourselves is, especially tbkse of us who have no one else there to help wirh anything..
Karen24
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I am not interested in dating and have no desire to try online dating if a guy can lie to your face he can hide behind a computer screen and lie MUCH easier.
seahorsebaby11
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM

No dating. What's the point? If someone is supposed to cross paths, he will. I definitely would never do a Parent's Without Partners or a thing like THAT!

nnmfam
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell friends you are ready to date. I was a year after my husband passed. My husbands boss sent a guy who lost his dad young to speak to my boys. Well we hit it off and we are getting married on October .. Funny he was divorced for 3 years and had not dated yet. I swear The Lord or my husband in heaven did this..
oh_sparks
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Right?! Everyone between 25 and 35 in my town knows everyone else, fucks everyone else, and acts generally like a college freshman.

Quoting a06z08mama:

That's true. All of the guys around here well most of them are still into partying and live at home with parents and no jobs. My ex was 7 years older than me and acted like 13 year old. So I skipped a few more years. Its been the best thing for me and my kids 

oh_sparks
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I just kicked my SO out and I can't even think about dating. It's gonna be awhile before the sting of shattered trust goes away enough for me to believe anything a guy says.

missjessi
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I did match.com and I went on probably 30 1st dates, had over 100people interested and this was in 1 month , I met my bf through this and 4months of being serious he is meeting dd ... I have to say I had not 1 person concerned that I had a child , I was clear that I was stable , and we didn't need anyone else ... I'm not sure if it was because of the candidness or not but interest Im me as a single mom was not a problem and I was able to be very very picky
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN