Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is it hard to be a single mom?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

The father of my baby wants me to get an abortion. He says a baby is too much money. Basically he is saying that  this baby will ruin our life. But I am not going to take away someones life mostly someone who is inside of me. I told him I'm keeping this baby. But I will be a single mother. I am 20 years old and I'll admit I am nervous. I will be on my own and I know it will be hard. But no matter what I am having this baby.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa42
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
In the end it is your decision! Being a single mother with no family help and my daughters father hasn't even met her, I can tell you at 20 years old I couldn't imagine doing it I'm 28 now it's a lot of hard work but rewarding a lot of my friends are having kids when they ask me how I do it my answer is I just do! You just will no matter how hard it is no matter how many times u want to pull your hair out u will have that little face to look at!! Good luck in anything you decide remember if its hard it's probably worth it ;)
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes being a single mother is hard.  You do it all but for me I love it.  I love my hugs and cuddles, I love that I make all the decisions (well my sons father isn't anywhere around).  But on the other side I live breath and sleep my son I haven't been out in 3 years and I lost a lot of friends because of him (but then were they really friends) I have grown up a lot and changed. I made the decision to keep my son but I also have a steady career and a home.  There is adoption options as well.  Remember you want what is best for your child and if in your life and home at this time it isn't the best option then give your unborn child a chance to succeed and grow.

lizard11080
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

it's your decision, but i will admit it is hard.  i have no help from the father and he hardly visits.  BUT i made my decision to leave when my son was 4 months old, and i am thankful i did.  his dad was an alcoholic and i couldn't subject my child to that and i couldn't deal with it any longer.  i kept thinking he would 'change' but he didn't.  i adore my little boy...i get all the cuddles and he loves to help cook and clean and loves to say he's mommy's little helper.  but there are those times that i really just need two minutes to myself and i can't get it.  even though it can be tough, i wouldn't change it.  he knows i love him.  i recently bought my own home.  i have a great job and at the tender age of 3, he knows that money does not grow on trees and mommy gets him what he needs and sometimes what he wants if its in the budget. 

breebree04
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Its very hard at times but women do it all the time. You can do it if you chose to. You'll have some hard times but you'll make it through. Do you have family close by or could you move to be closer to family? So you can have some kind of support system when needed.

LuvMyZBoy
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Kudos to you,momma. There are a lot of great places to find resources and support, both before and after your baby is born. I'd encourage you to look for a Pregnancy Resource Center in you area - http://www.optionline.org/ has that info available. They usually offer free classes, and can also help you get the baby supplies that you'll need. You can do this! Blessings to you and your little one.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm very proud of you for making the right decision and not kill your baby. He may turn around when he realizes he is going to be a dad. It takes men awhile sometimes. Don't plan on him being there though. You can do it by yourself. Yes, its hard no doubt, but at the end of the day its worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dru1930
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
It's hard, and definetly a day by day. But as you watch your little one grow you will grow and bond as well. It's definetly worth the hard times. I also respect your decision at such a young age and I wish you the best of luck to come. Just remember to take time to break and snuggle and just look into those adorable baby eyes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Besides the money, no I dont think its hard at all.  Ive been single since my twins were one month old (they are 2 now).  The parenting alone isnt that hard, I dont think anyway.  I still work full time.  I found a great babysitter who my girls love.  I struggle with money sometimes, but who doesnt? 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I was 21 with a 3 month old and 18 month old when I got divorced. It was not easy, but I wouldn't trade those struggles for anything. 17 years later and I am strong, independent woman with two amazing young men for sons. They saw my struggles and know I would do anything for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)