Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Kids Away for Spring Break. Never realized how lonely it would feel.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi ladies, I'm very new to this forum; I just joined this website. So you are witnessing my first post, and I feel like it is an appropriate first post. Anyway, to get straight to the point here.... It is Tuesday and my kids went out of town with their grandmother Saturday. I talked to my kids yesterday, because I miss them, naturally. I stay fairly busy between college among endless other responsibilities which fails to leave room for much of a social life. Usually, I am the type of person who feels comfortable enough with themself that I enjoy my time and solitude. However, the past day or two (probably occured to my today) I have been feeling rather lonely and isolated even though I am out and about normally. I suppose I feel like my routine is a tad off, because I am used to my schedule evolving around my two children. It could be a multitude of things... I am not quite sure. Since they've been absent for the past three days I never realized how lonely my life really is. I suddenly feel down in the dumps, and depressed all of the sudden. It is like even though I have all this stuff to do I do not know what to do with myself. It is a hit in the face when you realize in a moment of silence and isolation how alone you really are. However, eventually, I am not alone as much as I think since I have this place to go to. I am always full of energy and on the go constantly... I stay relatively proactive, but it seems the past two days I am drained. Wouldn't you think I would be drained if I still had my kids and wouldn't have as much time to rest? Now I have more time to study and tend to my homework, but it is like I can't concentrate like I normally can and my mind is mentally weary. What is going on here? When I have my kids this isn't normal for me. If you need more information to give any advice please feel free to ask. Also, I've asked aquantiences to hang out but it is like they blow me off. If they only knew.... I am a fun person to be around. There isn't anything wrong with me. Like I said, I just don't get it. Thanks for any feedback!! Lonely & Isolated, Kami
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I know the feeling. All I can say is enjoy the break. Take the time for yourself and spoil yourself while you have the time. They'll be back before you know it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Hi, welcome to the group.  I'm sorry you are feeling lonely while the kids are away.  I understand the feeling but just try to make the best of it.  They will be home soon.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Kami!

I think what you're experiencing is fairly normal.  Your routine has been interupted, your children are away and you're missing them, and that's ok. 

hugs

Quoting abraveneworld27:

Hi ladies, I'm very new to this forum; I just joined this website. So you are witnessing my first post, and I feel like it is an appropriate first post. Anyway, to get straight to the point here.... It is Tuesday and my kids went out of town with their grandmother Saturday. I talked to my kids yesterday, because I miss them, naturally. I stay fairly busy between college among endless other responsibilities which fails to leave room for much of a social life. Usually, I am the type of person who feels comfortable enough with themself that I enjoy my time and solitude. However, the past day or two (probably occured to my today) I have been feeling rather lonely and isolated even though I am out and about normally. I suppose I feel like my routine is a tad off, because I am used to my schedule evolving around my two children. It could be a multitude of things... I am not quite sure. Since they've been absent for the past three days I never realized how lonely my life really is. I suddenly feel down in the dumps, and depressed all of the sudden. It is like even though I have all this stuff to do I do not know what to do with myself. It is a hit in the face when you realize in a moment of silence and isolation how alone you really are. However, eventually, I am not alone as much as I think since I have this place to go to. I am always full of energy and on the go constantly... I stay relatively proactive, but it seems the past two days I am drained. Wouldn't you think I would be drained if I still had my kids and wouldn't have as much time to rest? Now I have more time to study and tend to my homework, but it is like I can't concentrate like I normally can and my mind is mentally weary. What is going on here? When I have my kids this isn't normal for me. If you need more information to give any advice please feel free to ask. Also, I've asked aquantiences to hang out but it is like they blow me off. If they only knew.... I am a fun person to be around. There isn't anything wrong with me. Like I said, I just don't get it. Thanks for any feedback!! Lonely & Isolated, Kami

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs & welcome to our group!

abraveneworld27
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Hey everyone, I want to thank all of you for your replies and advice! Well, when I got off the website I boiled me some water and made a cup of pumpkin spice tea. Put on some incense and music. I ran me a bubble bath while drinking my tea, and listening to music. Afterwards, I got a lot of school work accomplished inbetween ordering me some Chinese and munching down! So I feel a lot better now. Actually, it is kind of funny how my energy level increased after just doing something so simple as that :) Thanks, Kami
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Welcome!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)