Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel more confident as a single mom?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
5 moms liked this
Do you feel more confident as a single mom? When its a bad relationship, your focus is to get out, but in the meantime things are said and done to belittle you especially to let you know you are making the biggest mistake ever....

Looking back, I don't know who I was, but now I have a backbone again and confident in my judgement, which has helped me get through difficult times . I believe things will get better each day whereas before I couldn't see an end.

I only hope others have felt the same confidence.
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I always said I literally grew a set of balls when I was prego with DS no more will I let people walk over me I have something much more important to worry about now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I agree. I feel like I'm soooo much more "in touch" with my own life now that I'm a single mom. If I don't want to do something, I say NO. If there is something I want to do, I ask until I find a buddy or I go it alone. I do more stuff now than I ever have. All that matters is: is it good for me? Is of good for my son? If the answer is yes to both, why would I say no?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the other ladies. It's like when ur a single mom, u some how muster up extra strength and courage to get things done.

sierailoveyou
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

since i was pregnant, ive been a single mother. my daughters now two years old. i personally think that its a great feeling being a single mother, because you can focus more about your relationship with your little peanut then the one with his/her father. my daughter lucky cause even though me and her father are not together, that doesnt stop both of use from being in her life. just keep that in mind. though you guys dont have to be around each other much, make sure that its at least every once in a while, so that your child doesnt feel like its mommy vs daddy

Momniscient
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Yep!!
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

YES 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

My ex did nothing but bring me down emotionally and mentally.  I dealt with years of financial misery.  You simply can't have a flourishing marriage with your partner is a consumate deadbeat and you have to constantly pick-up the pieces he leaves behind.  I've learned the hard way that I was much better off without all the extra baggage.  I carried him for many years and all he did to me in those years was drag me down and abuse me in the end.  I've become much stronger and determined to better myself since my divorce.  I actually should have 'cleansed' myself years ago.  I'm determined to run a marathon this year, be a better mom to my daughter (not that I already am!), focus on the good things in life for a change. 

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Absolutely, if I hadn't have been a single mom I wouldn't have the strength or confidence I have. I also wouldn't have known how to be happy alone and not need a man in my life.
newlife2013
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Bravo to all of us and may we continue finding happiness!
wildhorses420
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I am going through this right now. I can't wait to be a single mom again. It's long overdue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)