Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you deal with the loneliness?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM
  • 22 Replies
I've really been trying to hold it together..but i'm starting to notice as it's getting closer to my due date..i've been lonelier than ever..i had a breakdown today..just thinking of how i wish my daughter's father was around..i'm trying to stay strong but since i don't really do anything during the day..so it's hard to keep my mind occupied,so i was wondering what you mamas do to cope? or any advice of how/what you did to get through the hard days?..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2CMW
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I'm so sorry. I understand the loneliness. When my ex and I separated in March 2011, I was in survival mode most of the time. I did everything to occupy my time and it wasn't really hard since he left me with a 2 year old. So I had to hold it together. Allow yourself to cry get upset.....keeping baby in mind of course. Have you gotten her room ready yet, are there things you want to make, etc.....i know him not being there hurts and sometimes nothing helps

hugs

Quoting candytree24:

I've really been trying to hold it together..but i'm starting to notice as it's getting closer to my due date..i've been lonelier than ever..i had a breakdown today..just thinking of how i wish my daughter's father was around..i'm trying to stay strong but since i don't really do anything during the day..so it's hard to keep my mind occupied,so i was wondering what you mamas do to cope? or any advice of how/what you did to get through the hard days?..

lizz08
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I understand completely. I'm in the same situation you are. At first I was handleing everything well. The sooner my due date seems the worst that loneliness starts to come around. I have my almost two year old to keep me company and my family, but its not the same. And its even worst when she leaves with her dad. :( wish I had some kind of advise instead of the same the same situation deal.
candytree24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
It's okay..it makes me feel better knowing i'm not alone..it just gets tough..&i try to talk to my mom about it..but she says im not alone, because my family's there for me..but it's really not the same..i know she knows what i'm talking about..but she tries not to get me down..it's just hard to find others that are going through the same thing..&can speak on it..

Quoting lizz08:

I understand completely. I'm in the same situation you are. At first I was handleing everything well. The sooner my due date seems the worst that loneliness starts to come around. I have my almost two year old to keep me company and my family, but its not the same. And its even worst when she leaves with her dad. :( wish I had some kind of advise instead of the same the same situation deal.

candytree24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Thanks<3 yes, it is hard..but i'm trying my best to push forward for her.
&i'm in the process of getting our room mready..i just get winded soo fast! lol .but i'm going to start driving classes online..so that should keep me busy'(:

Quoting Mom2CMW:

I'm so sorry. I understand the loneliness. When my ex and I separated in March 2011, I was in survival mode most of the time. I did everything to occupy my time and it wasn't really hard since he left me with a 2 year old. So I had to hold it together. Allow yourself to cry get upset.....keeping baby in mind of course. Have you gotten her room ready yet, are there things you want to make, etc.....i know him not being there hurts and sometimes nothing helps

hugs

Quoting candytree24:

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

How did I cope being a single mom.  Well, I'm much older then you and my daughter was in high school when I found out my ex cheated on me.  I allowed myself to heal.  I cried a lot.  I got angry a lot.  I couldn't sleep for months.  I went through a deep depression.  It took friends and family to get me out of this funk.  It also took me to finally realize just what a scumbag my ex truly is.  Life must go on for us all after every bad event in our lives.  I had a child to take care.  She needed me more then ever.  We both were going through some bad stuff mentally.  Gather strength within yourself and focus on your life ahead of you, your toddler and the little one ready to be born.  Once that baby does arrive you will start to think about how better off you are with just  your kids in your life.  Your stbx will be a thing of the past.  A bad memory and part of your life.  You will get through this.  Just give it the time it needs to heal.

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Stay busy and be around supportive people as much as possible. Spend time working on yourself. Get to know yourself and find what will make you happy and make a plan to achieve it. Once you learn to be happy by yourself, its all uphill from there. You will also have more inner strength to raise the baby alone if you have to.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Hugs!!

brieri
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Most of the time it's staying busy.  SOme days are lonely because there doesn't seem to be anything going on. 

Maviloria
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I know what you mean. My mom told me the same thing, that I'm not alone since my family is there but it really not the same. I miss my dh even though I know we are not good together. I just hope it will get easier day by day.

Quoting candytree24:

It's okay..it makes me feel better knowing i'm not alone..it just gets tough..&i try to talk to my mom about it..but she says im not alone, because my family's there for me..but it's really not the same..i know she knows what i'm talking about..but she tries not to get me down..it's just hard to find others that are going through the same thing..&can speak on it..

Quoting lizz08:

candytree24
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Thanks everyone for your support..it really helps<3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)