Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I dont know what to do and where to turn.

I am 20 years old and a mother of a beautiful 2 year old daughter. The father hasnt always been in the picture but has been for a while. We never had an offical custody agreement i just let her go to his house on the weekends and stuff. One sunday when it was time for her to come home he called me and told me that she wasnt gonna be coming home that he had filed for custody of her and she will be stayin with him and his family untill the court date. He told me the only way i can see her is if i come to his house and thats only when he allows it. Its been a little over a month now and its really gettin at me. Please tell me someone knows something i can do to change this!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Replies (11-13):
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Has paternity been established? If he is on the BC and signed the AOP and there is no custody order then he MIGHT have the legal right to keep the child. Who do you live with? Can you call Legal Aid? Why the father be pulling this?

proudmother5946
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM

BUMP!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

He has the child still.  It may be hard to getting her back, but there's always visitation.  When you don't have legal papers and you do whatt you want to do, and he takes the child like that it's somewhat difficult for the court to see what happens.  Get a good attorney and tell him/her what happened.  Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)