Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What would your child's bio dad have to do..

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 41 Replies

For you to feel that you need to start a custody case/revise a current one?

I have court next month, first court date to determine custody. I am just wondering what some mothers feel is inappropriate behavior for your child(ren) to be around?

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My sons father is a champ he thankfully chooses not to be around but the last time 2 years ago he visited I asked him to leave because he was high. No drugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gizmom529
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM
mine lets his gf give his older boys weed and for majority of the time ignores my daughtwr
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mnivis01
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex comes and goes as he pleases. Therefore I took action to either make him in his life or out. It definitely isn't fair to the child to have a part time Dad.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

My sons father is a champ he thankfully chooses not to be around but the last time 2 years ago he visited I asked him to leave because he was high. No drugs

mnivis01
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM

:0

Quoting gizmom529:

mine lets his gf give his older boys weed and for majority of the time ignores my daughtwr

singlesavymomma
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. I told my ex he is either in or out and to make a decision. He choose to stop coming around all together and if he ever would ask to visit (which I highly doubt) I would tell him to take me to court. It causes more pain for the child to have an undependable part time dad then to never know their dad at all.

Quoting mnivis01:

My ex comes and goes as he pleases. Therefore I took action to either make him in his life or out. It definitely isn't fair to the child to have a part time Dad.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

mnivis01
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Very true.

Quoting singlesavymomma:

I agree. I told my ex he is either in or out and to make a decision. He choose to stop coming around all together and if he ever would ask to visit (which I highly doubt) I would tell him to take me to court. It causes more pain for the child to have an undependable part time dad then to never know their dad at all.

Quoting mnivis01:

Quoting LifeCafe42:

SkylarBeth
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Two days after my daughter was born ( after a very hard labor and delivery while still in the hospital) her father who had flown in for her birth (we arn't together) informed me that I needed to choose what I was going to do with her. Confused I asked what he was talking about he told me I was too emotional to raise his child, that I could either give her up for adoption or he was taking her. I had never seen such an eruption of ciaos from the other people (The Minster of my church included). Police and Human Services were then called. I'm still afraid to let her leave my side, because I don't want to lose her....shes only 20 days old

mnivis01
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Oh my lanta!! Has he seen her since? Is he still in your area? 

I know how you feel. My ex had our DS over night and then said he wasn't going to return him. Thankfully, I talked him into returning him. Another reason why I'm filing for a custody agreement. Lol.

Quoting SkylarBeth:

Two days after my daughter was born ( after a very hard labor and delivery while still in the hospital) her father who had flown in for her birth (we arn't together) informed me that I needed to choose what I was going to do with her. Confused I asked what he was talking about he told me I was too emotional to raise his child, that I could either give her up for adoption or he was taking her. I had never seen such an eruption of ciaos from the other people (The Minster of my church included). Police and Human Services were then called. I'm still afraid to let her leave my side, because I don't want to lose her....shes only 20 days old

SkylarBeth
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM

According to his facebook he is back at work so no not in the area I live in CO he lives in NV

Quoting mnivis01:

I know how you feel. My ex had our DS over night and then said he wasn't going to return him. Thankfully, I talked him into returning him. Another reason why I'm filing for a custody agreement. Lol.

Quoting SkylarBeth:

mnivis01
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Well that should give ou a little peace.

did ou put him on the BC?

Quoting SkylarBeth:

According to his facebook he is back at work so no not in the area I live in CO he lives in NV

Quoting mnivis01:

Quoting SkylarBeth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN