Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Vacation....

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

So in 3 months I am taking my 9,7,6 & 1 year old from NY to Surfside Beach,SC......by myself. There is no-one I can bring with me on this trip. Anyone else ever do this, and do you have any tips for me. I'm worried about when we go places, and all 4 of them wanting to do a different activity & just one Mom trying to do 4 different things. Any advice is appreciated.

Hair Questions? .........Check out the group Hair Advice. Tell your friends too!!

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

bumping this for you...hope others will have advice for you.

Have fun!!!

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. If you pull this off and are in one piece or still sane, either one, afterwards, you will be woman of the year and my new hero. Seriously, I can't even guess how to begin other than drive at night while they sleep as much as possible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!! Children museums and contained areas maybe make sure they always have their buddy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
first i would stay of when you go some where big try and get something unique for all 4 that match like crazy hats or bright colored shirts. second implement a buddy system and also go over what the drill is if you separate. i have a 3,5,6&7 year old we went to Disneyland last summer it was very stressful for me but we made it back in one piece and it was like a dream come true for them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
oh and before you get there great an agenda let the kids assist with it so everything is 100% planned and the kids will be excited with the schedule it cuts out the fighting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Granted I only have 1 child but him and I have gone on weeklong vacations the past couple of years.  Hopefully the older ones will help with the younger one best they can.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN