Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

i just want a few seconds to myself..

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 13 Replies
My daughter is a sweetie BUT she will not sleep by herself. As a matter of fact most of the time i have to hold her, even at night... She just turned 9 months. How can i get her to sleep on her own. At times it drives me crazy...
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Routine is key start a bedtime routine now. I have and still sit with him in his room until he falls asleep I used to sing and rub his back now we read books and I sit by him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:11 AM
It's usually hard to get there, but you have to put her to bed at a set bedtime. If she cries, let her for a few minutes, then go comfort her and put her back in her bed. Continue it until she goes to sleep. It may take a lot of trips to her room and she's gonna cry, but will eventually get it. Be consistent, don't get stressed enough to give in and do what she's wanting. Make sure her blankie or whatever comforts her is with her and leave a nightlight on. You have to be consistent, patient and don't give in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Try having an 8 yr old in your bed (twin) with you lol we had to move in with my parents recently so me and dd share a room and a bed. Cant wait until we move again, hoping she will go right back into sleeping in her own room/bed.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I agree with the other moms that routine is key with kids that age.  I know it may be hard to listen to her cry but you may have to at first until she gets used to sleepingon her own.  Hugs!!!

lucasmadre
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I am afraid it is time for a little tough love. I remember this one well. I put my little boy to bed in his own bed at this age and let him cry it out with me crying on the other side of the door. If you don't do it soon you might as well get used to having a bed mate until she goes to college :)

They only cry for about 3-4 nights, it is hard but you can't go in. They get the message and give up and go to sleep and then you are free again to have the night time to yourself as it should be. We all need time to ourselves to be the best mom's we can be. You deserve it. 

Good luck,  XO

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM

umm, stop spoiling her and put her in her crib with a paci or bottle of water and tell her it's night night time, mommy is going to watch the "Dark Ages'. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Routine is a good thing...as hard as it may be, cry it out..thought I could never do that.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Quoting lucasmadre:

I am afraid it is time for a little tough love. I remember this one well. I put my little boy to bed in his own bed at this age and let him cry it out with me crying on the other side of the door. If you don't do it soon you might as well get used to having a bed mate until she goes to college :)

They only cry for about 3-4 nights, it is hard but you can't go in. They get the message and give up and go to sleep and then you are free again to have the night time to yourself as it should be. We all need time to ourselves to be the best mom's we can be. You deserve it. 

Good luck,  XO

Awe i think ill end up crying too. They cry as if they lost their best friend lol. But i really need her to to sleep on her own. I wouldnt mind her sleeping in my bed but i want her to be able to sleep in her own too.
mz23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Routine is a good thing...as hard as it may be, cry it out..thought I could never do that.

my mom told me to come in every few mins to calm her down than put her back in. Im so weak when it comes to my dd. Sigh i wish i would have put her down from the.getgo. Though now that i think about it i did try and put her in her bassinet i guess i just gave up.
mz23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:09 AM
[quote name="lucasmadre" id="0"]

Good luck,  XO

[/quote

I hope it goes by that fast. She's extremely resilient. My sister llives 3 hours away. I i left the house at likr 12am this girl stayed.up the majority of the time crying. Suffice to say, i don't go very many places lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)