Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me, Help him

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

I need some advice. What do you say to your child that is used to having his father in his life and he's no longer a part? His father is a truck driver and before it had been easier to say he's working which was true. However, since this fall out between me and his dad, he hasn't been coming around. My son recognizes that. What do I say? I'm at a loss. We once had a discussion about how adults don't always do what they say they will but I mean he's 4.....anything mamas anything...

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If its bc of the fallout between you and bd, him not coming around is totally bogus. It's wrong and inexcusable to get the kids in the middle of his parents problems. Just tell him daddy works a lot and that sometimes he just can't be there as often as he did. Never tell him daddy doesn't want to see him or that he doesn't love him. Kids are resilient and if he doesn't come around, ds will adapt easier than you may think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I agree with previous post! Good Luck

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Hugs!

Mom2CMW
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM
it is because of the fallout and its so painful for me. I never speak badly of his father nor tell him he doesn't love him. its just so difficult. .. thanks for the advice

Quoting Robsessed98:

If its bc of the fallout between you and bd, him not coming around is totally bogus. It's wrong and inexcusable to get the kids in the middle of his parents problems. Just tell him daddy works a lot and that sometimes he just can't be there as often as he did. Never tell him daddy doesn't want to see him or that he doesn't love him. Kids are resilient and if he doesn't come around, ds will adapt easier than you may think.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM

*HUGS* Mama

Quoting Mom2CMW:

it is because of the fallout and its so painful for me. I never speak badly of his father nor tell him he doesn't love him. its just so difficult. .. thanks for the advice

Quoting Robsessed98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)