Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Panicking at night :/

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM
  • 9 Replies
Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night (like now) its bc I have to check on Gabriel. Idk if it's just me but ever since he was born, I have randomly woken in the middle of the night with my heart pounding and HAD to check on him. 
Other than him sleep walking or falling out of bed (never waking), he's always been just fine. I'm not sure if I have weird/bad dreams or what but sometimes I just wake up panicking about him. Then it's really hard to get back to sleep :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dominic062407
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to mommy hood :)
dominic062407
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Welcome to mommy hood :)
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:57 AM
You may be having dreams, but odds are you do it bc you're a mom. Ive gotten up many times to check on all of the kids even after they aren't babies anymore.
Lil_MissFaye
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Yeah, he's 8. I've. ALWAYS, since I was little, been a really light sleeper and I never sleep very well or very much. I'm even on sleeping meds and still wake throughout the night. I still can't get back to sleep. When he was a baby I would spend hours standing next to his crib with my hand on his chest, to reassure myself that he was still breathing.

Now I can't turn my stupid brain off :/

Quoting Robsessed98:

You may be having dreams, but odds are you do it bc you're a mom. Ive gotten up many times to check on all of the kids even after they aren't babies anymore.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 9 and I still do that from time to time lol

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

My daughter is 18 going on 19 in June, I make her text me once she gets home safe and sound.  You will NEVER be able to cut the cord!

Lil_MissFaye
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I don't want to cut the cord. I like that he still comes to me for things and is a Momma's boy. Is that bad?

Quoting steviechick:

My daughter is 18 going on 19 in June, I make her text me once she gets home safe and sound.  You will NEVER be able to cut the cord!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Welcome to being a mommy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

A mother's instints is all.  There is no instruction manual for what happens next.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)