Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'd like to

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
Make peace with my daughters dad and stepmom somewhere between now and 7 mos from now. I was thinking a congratulations card because she's pregnant.

I'm not trying to be a bitch just try and give my support to her. He may take it the wrong way but she is my childs stepmom. I think it's only fair to at least try at least show my support and get along while not stepping on any toes. I'd like to get along with her even though he won't like it or agree.

Do you ladies think it would be ok to send a card just to try and make peace?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Mom on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM

That would be nice. 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
I'm afraid it will cause a problem though she already doesn't like me because she thinks i want my daughters dad back and she thinks i'm in love with him and i'm not

Quoting virginiamama71:

That would be nice. 

virginiamama71
by Mom on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Ok than maybe the peace can be kept by not doing anything. Eventually she will let it go and try to make a mature relationship with him. 

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

I'm afraid it will cause a problem though she already doesn't like me because she thinks i want my daughters dad back and she thinks i'm in love with him and i'm not

Quoting virginiamama71:

That would be nice. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM

i think i would leave them both alone and just take the high road with my actions.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I think i will surprisingly enough i'm happy for them lol

Quoting faerie75:

i think i would leave them both alone and just take the high road with my actions.

Jkia1boy
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I agree and guess what! You're not being mean, still supporting them silently.

Quoting faerie75:

mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Truth i'm greatful she took dead weight off my hands
steviechick
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM

My ex's new wife did me a favor and at the same time hurt me to the very core.  She slept with my ex behind my back and created two kids with him.  She did me a favor by actually getting rid of my ex.  I was living in pure misery being married to him but I held on.  I could have done without knowing what was going on behind my back for three years.  So, like you, I'm greatful she took away a dead weight. 

I think if anything you don't need to worry about her needs and wants.  She shouldn't even be on your mind.  She is your ex's new wife and a step-mom to your kids.  She should mean nothing to you.  I wouldn't send her a card - ever.

LifeCafe42
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
You could do a small baby gift from your daughter if you wanted to do anything if she is so insecure then better to let your end be silent
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Done it, for me it didn't work - the guy is sicko.  You can try.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)