Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just Wondering

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 7:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

OK, I'm sure there are, but I'm going to ask anyways.....

Is there anyone out there that feels the same way that I do? Are there moms out there that are just absolutely sick about hearing every day about child abuse, neglect, molestation and murder? Sick of hearing about some teenager and/or adult that decided that it would be a good idea to go out and kill a bunch of innocent people? And overall just sick of the way the world has become. Do you agree or think that society and a majority of the people in the world is no longer what it/they used to be? Do you think that there are people out there that need that "crash course" in common sense and the golden rule? Well, if you agree with me and these are just a few of the things that you think about on a regular basis and just piss you off and make you sick. Then look me up!!! I am looking for moms that tend to think the way I do. And too, just a suggestion, but if you do share my way of thinking and feel the same as I do I strongly suggest listening to Pink's latest song called "Dear Mr. President". Thanks for listening and reading and I hope to hear from you soon!!!

~Dawn

by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xemix
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2007 at 8:06 AM
We as a society generally don't value life like we used to. Just look at the TV shows and video games that are out. Now, I'm not saying that all kids who play video games become murderers but those games do a heck of a job desensitizing kids/young adults/old adults to violence. Hopefully, I'll be able to steer my daughter clear of that kind of stuff but with the high tech world we live in, kids are out playing stick ball in a vacant lot anymore (like I used to) they're in front of the TV and computer. It's just the direction it's all going.
squish_is_me
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 8:46 AM
I am very sick of it. But I honestly think that the media plays a big role. We broadcast violence and crime much more than anything else in the news these days.
MissMommie84
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 8:49 AM
That's all there is on the news now a days....I have been tired of it. I only watch the news for weather now and that's it.

I remember one year like for a whole month it was like nothing but people being murdered on the news and etc it was horrible....

youngwidow
by on Dec. 18, 2007 at 9:13 AM
I don't watch the news or get the paper and still I hear it.  Every time something happens to an innocent child I pray that the child felt none of it and was taken out of that body during the experience.  I don't understand why bad things happen to kids.  I wish I could somehow take all of the babies and children no one wants and take care of them.  No child should be a victim!  Ever!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)