Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you deal with the drop off when you still love your ex?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi ladies,

how do you all deal with having to see your ex when dropping off your kids, especially when you still love him and you are not over him?  I'm trying not to beg my ex to come home since I know we're not good together but sometimes I can't help myself and I crack...

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Focus on the kids. Make it business only. Only talk to him about the kids. Be civil but cool.

You can do this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AWsMomma
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That's tough, I'm sorry. I agree with Andrewsmom, business only. In the beginning, I noticed I couldn't look him in the face (self protection method), but over time it just got better. Hang in there. 

BeachMommy07
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Well, I don't know you. I don't know how long you've been seperated/divorced whatnot...any chance to reconcile?

nathhhalie
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM
It's hard at first but it does get easier. I had the same problem at first. Just focuse on the kids and remember what is best for them in the end.
Maviloria
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Thanks ladies, trying to be strong this time around especially for my two daughters.  

kayleeab
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM

I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat but he cheated on me and left me. I don't look at him or talk to him. We just meet in a public place and sit at diffrent tables while he plays with his son. He can't take him alone because his new girlffriend isn't allowed around my kids. She's the one my husband cheated on me with and left me.

SaraSnider
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Don't have to deal with that but good luck Mama
angiefly2
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM

I force myself to remember the reason we broke up and his bad qualities (even if the good did outweigh the bad)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
He is an ex for a reason be cordial for the kids sake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Think of why you are no longer with the ex.  Sooner or later you remind yourself enough of why you two aren't together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)