Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

8wks Preggers Single, alone and worried

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hey ladies I am 8weeks pregnant tomorrow I am 26 and this is my first child. I got pregnant and he left me I have no family except my sister. I want my child very much so but I'm worried as to how I will make it. I have my own apartment, and car which is already a struggle to keep up now . I only make about 1300-1400 a month rent is 410 lights are roughly 100 car note 250 and insurance 140 phone 120 as u see I am all in.. please can somebody give me some kind of encouragement please I don't want abortion or adoption. I feel like there may be some hope in the end for me that I just don't see today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessLin79
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I was the same age as you when I got pregnant with my daughter. Her father left too. I had my own apartment and everything, same as you. I felt the same way. I didn't know what I was going to do it or how I would pay for everything. I have to tell ya, it worked out. I learned that I could do it all on my own, and I was strong enough to be pregnant and raise a baby all on my own. I doubted myself every step of the way. But I did it, I am still raising my daughter on my own. I learned that I have to just keep moving forward, and trying my best. Seven years later, we still live in the same apartment, but I've put myself through school, and have actually saved enough money that I'm looking to buy my first house. Looking back, I have to say that I have amazed myself that I was able to do it.
You can do it. Tell yourself everyday that you can make a great life for you and your baby. One day you will look back and be amazed too!
I also have to tell you that once you see that sweet baby's face for the first time, everything is worth it. Totally worth it!
Best of luck to you. I will send you a friend invite, and feel free to message me any time!
kkat117
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I went through the same thing...I found out I was pregnant when I was 21 (and about 2 weeks into the pregnancy) and her dad wouldn't even talk to me. It is a rough road, money will be an issue for a while, but things get better. I know how much it hurts being abandoned when you are pregnant...it was unbearable for me. The hardest thing for me was not having anyone that fully understood what I was going through...so if you need to talk feel free to message me.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM
You can make it work! Try cut corners where you can, check for cheaper car insurance, phone rates, etc!! You can do it mama!! Congrats and welcome!
wildhorses420
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't have an abortion or adoption. Things have a way of working themselves out, even if it's hard. You will not regret your choice to have your baby. Ever.

Swittig
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM

You can do i.. I would look for low income housing and sign up for it and just stay strng..I am a single mother of 2 ad prego with a 3rd and get no help..I make it though..just stay postive and congrats

biomom1437
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm a single mom living on 700 dollars a month.  i seriously don't know how i manage with this little but....  just wondering have you tried to get food stamps or medicaid not sure if you would quaifly but it's worth a try.  and in some states sometimes social services will pay part or all of daycare you should apply for daycare assistance after your baby is born.  and once you get a dna test you might be able to get child support but know this an order for support doesn't mean the guy will pay it.  don't know if you want to go throu the hassle.  you should also check into WIC if you qualify it's a good program. hope these suggestion will help you. oh and another thing go to your local re - sale stores they usually have clothes pretty cheap.  sometimes they run sales and you can buy lots of stuff.  i went to one today and they had a 50 percent off sale on all winter clothes.  i walked out with 3 bag of baby clothes for like 20 bucks.  i buy all my dd clothes at re - sale shops and i'm not ashamed to do it either.  and also see if there is a food pantry near you that you can get help with free food.  i hope these ideas will help.  congrats and you can do it.  if i can make ends meet on 700 dollars, you can make ends meet on your income.

Jessica518
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Im sorry your alone and pregnant. But everything will work out fine just have,faith :) and congrats on your baby
Fullmoon_Goddes
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM
You can do it. Hugs
Jessica518
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Im sorry your alone and pregnant. But everything will work out fine just have,faith :) and congrats on your baby
dawncs
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Welcome to the group! You can do it! I recommend signing up for WIC and Food Stamps to help you with your expenses regarding the pregnancy. If you do not have health care insurance, apply for Medicaid. When the baby is born, there is child care assistance. You can find it through your state's workforce website and office.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)