Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So i went...

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
  • 13 Replies
To the visitation for my exs gma. I brought my girls (2 yr old twins). My ex was there of course but I don't really have issues seeing him at all. There was only about 15 people there. Ex brought the gf. The one he cheated with and knocked up, and he brought the boy (he's a little over a year old). I was expecting him to, but actually seeing it affected me something horrible. I was not expecting to feel like that. I thought I could handle it. She and I didn't speak. But she took every opportunity to rub up, sit by, have her arms around ex. I do NOT have feelings for him or want him back in any way...but it just hurt to see it right in front of me. That must sound stupid. Their kid and my girls were running around playing together. The kid came up to me a few times to show me a toy or something. I knew all eyes were on me so I was nice, not that I would be mean to a baby, but it wasn't pleasant for me. My ex mil and I get along great still but I felt a little jealous and mad when I saw her having conversations with the gf. I put on a happy face, I mingled, I was nice to everyone. But inside I was absolutely DYING. I really should not have gone. It's been 2 years since we split up and I have been doing great and I feel like one evening set me back those whole two years and I am feeling the hurt and pain all over again. I also feel like shit that I am only concerned about my feelings when a sweet old lady just died. Life really sucks tonight. I can't sleep and my nerves are shot. Anyway, I am confused about my feelings. I hate that bitch and my ex for making me feel this way. Today sucked and I wish I could sleep :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I'm so sorry! That sucks. My ex's gf likes to rub it in too. I guess that gives you an idea of the type of scum that will sleep with someone else's husband/boyfriend. Pathetic. They would not behave that way if they were secure as women. Good for you for keeping your cool. It sounds like you did the right thing. Of course it hurt because you are human.

I know that must have been hard but you got through it! Time will make it easier. Now that i think of the ex's new gf i can't help but laugh/feel sorry. Joke's on her because as hard as they try to fake being all happy i know what goes on. Your problem now, bitch. Enjoy the cops coming to your house when you scream at each other. Pathetic.

You made it and you were being mature for your daughters. Be strong and don't let fools bother you. You handled yourself with dignity and grace despite being provoked. I am still learning how to do that.

Keep your head held high! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Thank you, that was very sweet :)
I'm sitting here not really crying but tears are streaming down my face. I hate it. I haven't cried over the situation in at least a year and a half. It sucks.
At least now I know better than to put myself in a situation like that again.
And yes, I know she's insecure and I know they aren't all happiness and rainbows, but it just blows. I hate that so far, I'm the only one that got hurt, I wish there was a way to make them feel my pain so they would just know what they did ya know?

Quoting ImaSoulMom:

I'm so sorry! That sucks. My ex's gf likes to rub it in too. I guess that gives you an idea of the type of scum that will sleep with someone else's husband/boyfriend. Pathetic. They would not behave that way if they were secure as women. Good for you for keeping your cool. It sounds like you did the right thing. Of course it hurt because you are human.

I know that must have been hard but you got through it! Time will make it easier. Now that i think of the ex's new gf i can't help but laugh/feel sorry. Joke's on her because as hard as they try to fake being all happy i know what goes on. Your problem now, bitch. Enjoy the cops coming to your house when you scream at each other. Pathetic.

You made it and you were being mature for your daughters. Be strong and don't let fools bother you. You handled yourself with dignity and grace despite being provoked. I am still learning how to do that.

Keep your head held high! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I know exactly how you feel. Hugs!

I wish i could tell you that they will grow up and show empathy but some people are selfish. It hurts and you don't deserve to get treated like that. Let yourself be upset for a while. Then drink some water to replace all your tears and take a warm shower and get lost in a funny movie or book. You can do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM
He's said he's sorry and all that bs but I never believed it. He's not capable...and apparently neither is she. I'm laying in bed but I think I just might get up and hop in the shower. It might help me sleep.

Quoting ImaSoulMom:

I know exactly how you feel. Hugs!

I wish i could tell you that they will grow up and show empathy but some people are selfish. It hurts and you don't deserve to get treated like that. Let yourself be upset for a while. Then drink some water to replace all your tears and take a warm shower and get lost in a funny movie or book. You can do this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I am so sorry that you had that painful experience, and that it seemed to have swept away the progress you made...but you did the right thing by honoring your daughters and their grandmother and you held yourself w dignity, and nothing can take that away.

It has been almost 2 1/2 years since i ended our marriage and I have long periods of time when I am feeling strong and then some small thing happens and it can feel just as raw as day 1. I have no words to comfort you...I just wanted you to know you are not alone and that I am praying you will be washed over with peace.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah she would text me, "I'm sorry that i hurt you." and junk like that but it was mostly bull. Then she kept trying to mess with me. That's why I don't feel too bad. Sooner or later, you end up paying for your actions.

You have your beautiful daughters and you will teach them to be strong women. Because you are a strong woman!

Hope you get some rest. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Thank you :) I will be ok tomorrow, I'm sure, just tonight sucks.

Quoting Mamavelt:

I am so sorry that you had that painful experience, and that it seemed to have swept away the progress you made...but you did the right thing by honoring your daughters and their grandmother and you held yourself w dignity, and nothing can take that away.

It has been almost 2 1/2 years since i ended our marriage and I have long periods of time when I am feeling strong and then some small thing happens and it can feel just as raw as day 1. I have no words to comfort you...I just wanted you to know you are not alone and that I am praying you will be washed over with peace.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I relate all too well. I don't want my ex back, but it tears me apart to see him, his GF and her daughter all acting like a happy family. I wish my former mil would exclude the GF or my ex. What they did was so brutally hurtful to me and to our son that I just don't understand why anyone would want anything to do with either of them. But I think about it less and less as time goes by and hopefully healing and serenity will come to both you and I.
s.osborne
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I honestly dont think I would've gone unless I felt the need to pay my repects. Man, that is rough momma:(
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

hugs.  At first I didn't understand what you were talking about.  By the time reached the last couple of sentences I understood it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)