Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

time to myself....

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

On the weekends that my son goes to his dad's I have these grand plans of getting so much done and I dream about time to myself but in the end I kind of crash. I feel so wiped out that I never get to the list of things I want to accomplish. I'm not depressed but I kind of feel like it on the weekends he is away...guess I miss him too much. Does this happen to anyone else? My apartment is so quiet.....

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s.osborne
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
No. I don't have empty weekends to myself. I have to get my list of things done everyday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucasmadre
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

That is part of why I feel so guilty, I know lots of moms never even get that down time. I should be thrilled to have it...but I spend it missing him and feeling lost.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Yes I have these feelings too but my son is not gone for the whole weekend. He just goes overnight on Friday leaving around 7 or 8, than I pick him up on Saturday around 3:30 or 4 and he is picked up again around 12:30 in the night (his father works a 2nd job on weekends) than I get him again on Sunday around the same time in the evening.

When he is not here, I will get things done like laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, other errands but there is never time to do anything else cause of the time I have to go pick him up. 

But I miss him being around me while I do all my errands and not having someone to sit with for breakfast isone of the hardest for me.  

Aubs1990
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM

No...My DD goes every other week to her Dad's and my DS goes to his Memaws for a few days on those weeks so I can have time to myself. I usually clean the whole house the first night and relax the other nights. I'm so happy to get time to myself so I dont go completly crazy.

baseballmom5416
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

i felt like that when my kids started going to their dads..i cried but in time i got use to it..it will take a while but it will get better.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Wright down everything you need to get done for the weekends, do one thing at a time, and take a break for a 1/2 hour or so, then begin the next project and finish, take a1/2 hour break, then the next one and 1/2 hour break and so on so on till it's all done.  By the time your son returns home, your gonna tell yourself, "he's here already, NOOOOOO!  go away.  need a break again. 

Maddie24
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I missed by girls terribly.  It seemed as though dear dad would take them to disney. on day trips and good old mom was cleaning up from the week getting ready for the next week.  It is a hard adjustment as a mom to make everything work for their child alone.  Now that my kds at now in their late 20s - know that you can make this work.  Make sure to spend vacation time with your son - everything else can wait. I look back and I have regrets.  Good luck in making a new happy and successful life!

Ms_mom_81
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM

yeah, I use to watch Disney while they were gone. lol. It is just a different kind of quiet when they are gone.

Ms_mom_81
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Quoting lucasmadre:

That is part of why I feel so guilty, I know lots of moms never even get that down time. I should be thrilled to have it...but I spend it missing him and feeling lost.

don't feel guilty. lol.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never missed my kids when they're gone. LOL! I pack them up and send them on their way. I know they'll be back so I really enjoy that down time. I make sure I take are of the chores before they leave so when they're gone...I'll have nothing to do but lay around and relax or hang out with a friend.

Dad will be home in July and he wants to keep them for a year and I'm going to let him so I'll have a long break o_o
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN