Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Alone Today

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

So the kiddos went to their dads yesterday to visit and will not be home til tomorrow. They are snowed in and can not get out. I have been sitting here all day wishing I could hear them fighting, laughing, or asking for something to eat.

Do you ever wish you did not have to send them for visits??

I have called them twice already and will call again before bed time. Do you do the same??

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it is very typical.  Kids are so entwined in our lives and routines that we feel lost without them.  I hope you hang in there and they return to you soon.

wildhorses420
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate it when my kids are gone. I tend to get depressed. Don't know what I'll ever do when they move out!

bcruick
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Thank You!!!

Quoting MandaMom23:

Yes, it is very typical.  Kids are so entwined in our lives and routines that we feel lost without them.  I hope you hang in there and they return to you soon.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You're welcome!  Hopefully you can find something good to occupy your alone time.  I'm sure the kids will look forward to talking to you before bed.

Quoting bcruick:

Thank You!!!

Quoting MandaMom23:

bcruick
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My dd18 moved out back in Sept and it was not that bad, but the other two are so much more mommies kids than she was. So yea, it is going to be hard. DS10 says tho, that when I am old and gray I can move in with him and he will take care of me, lol! Love it, so sweet!!

Quoting wildhorses420:

I hate it when my kids are gone. I tend to get depressed. Don't know what I'll ever do when they move out!

Maviloria
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I feel the same way when I have to send my daughter to her dads...but then I start thinking how nice it is to have some free time to myself and before I know it, my daughter is back home again :) hang in there, hugs!

bcruick
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Thank You!!

Quoting Maviloria:

I feel the same way when I have to send my daughter to her dads...but then I start thinking how nice it is to have some free time to myself and before I know it, my daughter is back home again :) hang in there, hugs!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD doesn't visit her father, but if she did I would feel a bit somber.  That she's spending time with father instead of all three of us spending time together like we did in the old days.  Time that was once there and is now forever gone. 

It's hard to adjust to a new life.  I hope you are able to soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)