Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

How do U handle eeverything? I'm going to lose my mind with 2 kids once my husband leaves.. Do u have any tips or anything?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM

hi and welcome to the group.

What do you mean your husband is going to leave?.  Where is he going?

connorsmom2009
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

He's going to be leaving because we are getting a divorce.. 

iamtryingforme
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Remember to take time for yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Can you and your husband do any sort of mediation and work anything out in regards to support and custody?  Ask your friends and family for help esp if you need to go get a job. I would try to avoid spending thousands of attorneys fees if you can. Is it an amicable split at all?

connorsmom2009
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Yes,we just decide we didn't wanted to be together anymore.i have full custody.. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Talk to your family and friends who know you the best and make sure you find yourself a good attorney.  Just because he says you will have full custody it could be an ugly one or  is he the type who just ups and walks out of all responsibility?   That's the crush and stay strong.

steviechick
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Be sure to have everything brought up in the divorce hearing.  Custody, child support, alimoney, taxes, who keeps the house.   Finances next to custody are the two most important things to agree on when discussing settlements.  Work out visitation rights and scheduling.  That would include vacations and what weekends/summer breaks go to which parent.  Seek support from friends and family.  They will continue to sustain you throughout your divorce until it's final.  Allow yourself to grieve.  Divorce is just like a death in the family.   Make sure your kids are okay mentally.  Sometimes kids have a hard time accepting divorce depending on the age factor. 

Robsessed98
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Make sure you have a stress outlet, get some me time, don't be ashamed to ask for help when you need it and deal with issues one at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Oh, and come here when you need advice or want to vent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN